depth

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Maureen — Shelter Island New York United States of America
Appliance Connections and their delivery company A&B Trucking
10101 Foster Avenue-section A Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Appliance Connections and their delivery company A&B Trucking AppliancesConnection & A&B Trucking lied to you. We have your money. Nothing we can do for you! Brooklyn, New York

*Consumer Comment: Appliancesconnection.com owns A&B freight trucking

Ordered appliance from appliances connection, gave them all my info credit card, name and "Address" etc. I paid in full, they charged my card immediately . on day of scheduled delivery the driver called me, he was in wrong town. I directed him further to the proper address and reminded him he would have to take a five minute ferry ,as I live on a small island, which was clearly mentioned during my initial order process. The driver informed me they do not do ferry,s!! At this point he was about 25 minutes away from my house but decided to drive back 2 hrs where he came from and they would reschedule my delivery with (as he said a different truck).

He also had no cash on him to pay for the ferry. I called A&B Trucking and spoke to a man who informed me very rudely mind you..You should have told us you lived on an Island, we're not paying for any Ferry. First off my order was made with AppliancesConnections not their trucking company ! Appliances Connections should have told their trucking co. Not me! My address clearly says Island . and if they had given the proper directions to their trucking firm they would have seen that! I was very annoyed at this point that they wanted me to pay for the ferry but to avoid further delay of my appliance I agreed to pay for half of the ferry fee.

A&B Trucking agreed to this split. I asked them to call the ferry company and find out the cost for their truck (it's determined by size of truck) A&B informed me the cost for my half would be $40.- The next day I noticed they charged my credit card $44.- they added tax ( which of course the ferry does not charge tax) ! anyway today they came to deliver my Appliance and again the driver called me and knew nothing of taking a 5 minute ferry ride! God give me patience! I again decided to call AppliancesConnections and a gentleman told me he would call his trucking co. And put me on hold.

I decided to get all my ducks in a row and while I was on hold I called the ferry company to find out the charge for a 27' truck( the driver had given me this info). Well guess what A&B had lied to me the ferry charge was total round trip was $40.- My half should have only been $20.-!!! Meanwhile the man at appliancesConnections comes back on the phone and informs me the driver is on his way, he also agrees to reimburse me 25.- for corrected ferry fee. I thought everything was finally settled, my appliance arrived, I met the driver at the ferry slip and showed him to my house. When he left I gave him a tip of $30.-

Well don,t you know the owner, I assume of A&B Trucking calls me later that day and tells me he's not refunding me anything for the ferry (even though he agreed to split it with me and lied about the amount)????? Now it's not the money it's the principal.......I called back AppliancesConnections and spoke to the same young man. I told him the trucking company called me, we're extremely rude,raising his voice , etc. and was not refunding the corrected amount to me for the ferry. I guess he was pissed that I caught him in a lie about the split of the ferry fee! A man is as good as his word! Anyway AppliancesConnections supervisor John told the young man I was talking to earlier that there was nothing they could do. They have had several complaints from other customers about this trucking firm A&B Trucking in Brooklyn, N.Y.

I Should have read the reviews before I dealt with APPLIANCES CONNECTIONS!!! Lesson learned

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appliance-Connections-and-their-delivery-company-AB-Trucking/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/Appliance-Connections-and-their-delivery-company-AB-Trucking-AppliancesConnection-AB-1012509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appliance Connections and their delivery company A&B Trucking

Appliancesconnection.com owns A&B freight trucking

AUTHOR: Jr1010 - ()

I was also scammed by appliancesconnection. I did some research and found out that appliancesconnection and A&B are owned by the same scam artists. They both share the same Brooklyn address. When you get the damaged appliances that a-c knowingly sends you, they act surprised and blame it on A&B to keep their hands clean. This place is committing fraud and needs to be exposed. They also leave shill reviews on major review sites. Do not do business with these crooks!