Complaint Review: Appliance Direct

• Submitted: Mon, August 20, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 20, 2012

• Reported By: Stamatina — Melbourne Florida U.S.A.
Appliance Direct
397 N. Babcock Street Melbourne, Florida United States of America

Appliance Direct WARRANTY FRAUD Melbourne, Florida

I purchased a two year warranty from Appliance Direct in Melbourne FL on July 4, 2011.
The dishwasher that I purchased stopped working on August 10, 2012.
I called the store, they gave me the 1-800 # to claim my warranty.  When I called the 1-800 # they had no record of my purchase or the warranty.
I was told that when I purchased the warranty last year, the warranty was never paid for by the store and they never entered the information into the computer, so they could not send out a repair technician to repair my Maytag dishwasher.  I ended up emailing my original purchase receipt to the "customer service" department and I was denied because they failed to notice that I purchased a two year warranty, not a one year.  I am waiting for a manager to over-ride my denial on my claim....So it's been 10 days since my dishwasher broke and I am still waiting on service that I may never get because Appliance Direct still hasn't paid for the warranty.
I can only assume that someone at the store pockets the money for all extended warranties.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2012 07:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appliance-Direct/Melbourne-Florida-32935/Appliance-Direct-WARRANTY-FRAUD-Melbourne-Florida-929701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appliance Direct