Complaint Review: Appliance Direct

• Submitted: Tue, May 22, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, May 26, 2007

• Reported By:somewhere Florida
Appliance Direct
4265 South St Titusville, Florida U.S.A.

Appliance Direct/Appliance Liquidators/scratch And Dent World fraud/selling used appliances from the manufacture to consumers Titusville/All Over Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Just My Opinion

*Author of original report: in espects to the article appliancedirect recently submitted = Rip-off Report RESPONSE TO THE UPDATE

I would like all consumers in the state of Florida who has an A ppliance Direct near you to be leary of buying an appliance from them...If it does not look new i.e ,refrigerators without the packing tape still inside unit,any appliance that has any sorta smell,dryers with feet on them and not in thier respective packages.any appliance that may look more than a year old but still looks new.for all the appliances mentioned above may be used ..and refurbished in the Titusville wharehouse.

remind you that all these appliances that they sell are not used just a percentage..and a large percentage at that.some appliances may look used they are also tested in the Titusville wharehouse..Please check each and every appliance good before you purchase you may just be purchasing a used appliance!!!

anonymous
somewhere, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2007 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appliance-Direct/Titusville-Florida-32780/Appliance-DirectAppliance-Liquidatorsscratch-And-Dent-World-fraudselling-used-appliance-249745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appliance Direct

Just My Opinion

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

In response to the reports on Appliance Direct... I am an employee of this company and have been for the past 2 years. I have opinions both good and bad about this company, as do most employees. I enjoy my job and most of the aspects involved in that job. The wages are higher than most companies offer, along with decent benefits, it is a cool place to work. On the down side, I believe that there are WAY too many politics involved within the walls of the warehouse. In other words...it is not what you do but whose butt you kiss.

Again on the plus side...I have made quite a few great friends at AD...one of whom is Kevin Horton...I know that he, as well as I, has good and bad opinions of the company but none so great as to stupidly risk his job by putting something as assinine as something like what was said in the FIRST letter. We all gripe and complain...it is human nature.

As far as the IP address goes...if/when you check the IP on this posting you will find that this too has the same as all the others...OK...I use Mr. Hortons computer on occassion because I do not have one of my own. He explained to me that his computer was remotely accessed last week and a lot of his personal filles were tampered with so to be careful what I checked on my accounts.

So anyone interested in what goes on behind the scenes of the notorious Appliance Direct and affiliates...nothing any different than any other warehouse type business. Sometimes it sucks and sometimes it is awesome.

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

on may 24 2007 I sent an email to the editor of ripoffreport stating " on a recent report thats was filed with you about appliance direct the person i assume was using my information. wrote a fraudalant report against my company my name is kevin horton ...i was sent an email with the link to your website attached was a cached photo of the article...in the email it said "check this out"i looked at the photo then proceded to you're site that is when i saw my name on the report i was horrified (not to mention the possibilite of a co-worker or worse my boss stumbling across this article (never the less i reported it to the ceo of the company of the fraudalant claims on your website .do you as a company check or verify against fradulant claims that could jeopardize the job of people working there.? i suspect that an ex-employee who worked with me we parted on no so good of terms is to this day trying to get me fired (he quit)on bad terms with the company....now in response to the claim which in all aspects is false by no means does appliance direct or its affialites sell used appliances as new....If you could please fix this report...please return commint if you dont mind. thankyou kevin horton" i never got a response to the email since then i have logged on to ripoffreport with the password that they sent me and updated the claim with this email attached in the body....where is it????did they delete that one that was on may,25,this was done and now this one which would make the second one...i also filed one today under ripoffreport stating in a nut shell they used my information without my consent it was given to them by a third party...where is that one??????

why will ripoffreport not be the responsible party here and fix this problem??????in other words i kevin horton did not write that report!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rip-off Report RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE UPDATE

Kevin -

Rip-off Report checked your email address we have no email from you in our data base, only the Rip-off Report that were filed by the same email address that filed the above rebuttal using your password. How would you know the password unless YOU emailed us for it. That has not happened on your account.

We also searched our email data base for the word Appliance Direct / Appliance Liquidators and scratch and Dent - - nothing came up?

It also may interest you to know that the same IP address that filed the origional Report also filed the above rebuttal. That means everything was filed from the same location.

Rip-off Report staff