Complaint Review: Appliance Zone - ApplianceZone.com

• Submitted: Wed, January 13, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 14, 2010

• Reported By: derasmo — Orlando Florida USA
Appliance Zone - ApplianceZone.com

Appliance Zone - ApplianceZone.com ApplianceZone.com Correct Part Arrived - POSTAGE DUE! Internet

*Author of original report: Reply from the merchant

I have mixed feelings about this merchant.

On the plus side, they had the refrigerator filter that I needed at a price that could not be beat. Even the Sears retailer had no idea what part to suggest for my Kenmore refrigerator and suggested I go online and find this merchant.

On the negative side, the item arrived at my door Postage Due from the post office after I had paid for shipping. The filter was not packed in any external shipping box or packing - they merely slapped a mailing label on the thin cardboard container that held the filter (think box that an auto oil filter is sold in) and sent it on its way.

The $2.00 postage surcharge will not break the bank but I have to question just how legit this operation really is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2010 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appliance-Zone-ApplianceZonecom/internet/Appliance-Zone-ApplianceZonecom-ApplianceZonecom-Correct-Part-Arrived-POSTAGE-DUE-I-554082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appliance Zone - ApplianceZone.com

Reply from the merchant

AUTHOR: derasmo - (USA)

Two emails were received today from the merchant - less than 24 hours after I lodged a complaint with them.

One was an automated notice that a refund in the amount of the postage due was being credited to me.

The second was an account apologizing about the situation.  The email was not signed but went on to say that different scales at different postal facilities weigh packages differently - resulting in the postal delivery person having to come to my door and collect cash from me.

I have to wonder just how off-calibration these postal scales can be.  Is it really possible scales can be off by that much?  Regardless, this is not a huge deal.  The company shipped the part I ordered, it arrived, and I am using the part - end of story.

I am posting a picture of the box the part was shipped in.  You will see it is the manufacturer's original shelf package and no shipping box or packing was used to protect the item in transit.  You can also see the red "Postage Due" info placed on the box by the USPS.