Complaint Review: Appliance Zone - Jim Allen

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2009

• Reported By:merrimack New Hampshire
Appliance Zone - Jim Allen
500 N. Capitol Ave. Suite 2 Corydon, Indiana U.S.A.

Appliance Zone - Jim Allen - ApplianceZone.com Refusal to accept return of incorrect item shipped Corydon Indiana

After ordering a refrigerator part which was identified by entering the refrigerator model number on the Appliance Zone web site, I received a part which was the wrong size. There was no paperwork of any kind with the product, no receipt or return instructions, nothing. So I returned the item, about seven days after initial receipt, using the same shipment method used originally, with a note stating the reason.

The company refused to take delivery, and the package was returned to me, unopened, note unread, just refused delivery. So I went back to the web site and was instructed via live chat that I needed a return authorization number and to fill out the online form. After filling out the form, I received a return authorization number and printed an address label to affix to the package, and I sent it again. At this point approximately three weeks had passed, and I had spent $27 for shipping.

The company again refused delivery, and the signature on the refusal was J. Allen, the company president. When I got the package back this time I again went to the web site and via live chat was given an email address to contact. Via email I was told company policy required return within 30 days, so they were sorry but I was out of luck. I checked the web site and the return policy states returns must be sent within 30 days, which mine was, twice. It was actually refused the second time on day 31. I pointed this out in an email containing all the dates and was again told NO REFUND, Have a nice day. All very sarcastic and unreasonable. I won't do business with these crooks and I would advise everyone else not to.

Phil
merrimack, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2009 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appliance-Zone-Jim-Allen/Corydon-Indiana-47112/Appliance-Zone-Jim-Allen-ApplianceZonecom-Refusal-to-accept-return-of-incorrect-item-424562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appliance Zone - Jim Allen