Complaint Review: ApplianceZone

• Submitted: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 19, 2009

• Reported By:Lake Zurich Illinois
ApplianceZone
http://www.appliancezone.com/ Corydon, Indiana U.S.A.

ApplianceZone Incorrect online help results in incorrect part orderd and no return allowed Corydon Indiana

* : Credit Card Co. found in my favor; Appliance Zone now using collection agency

* : Credit Card Co. found in my favor; Appliance Zone sent to collections

*Author of original report: I should have read the ApplianceZone Warranty in their "Terms and Conditions" page

*UPDATE Employee: People decide for yourselves

*Consumer Comment: Did you read?

4/3/09

Stay away from ApplianceZone. They have no customer service, no telephone contact, incorrect guidance on choosing a part, etc.

I used their online chat to determine the correct part needed for a Sub Zero 532. Their site listed several items which had the same part number but for some "dashes" in the number...with different prices for each item. I was told the parts were different. I mentioned that Sub Zero dropped the dashes some time ago. Then I was told, "Yes, that's true...you are right, they are the same parts with different prices." Then I was told that some of the parts were not from Sub Zero, followed by a, "No wait, yes all parts were from Sub Zero."

So I was advise to order the lower price item...might as well save the money.

So I did.

But just to be sure I got the best price, I did some more online checking in the following 5 minutes and found that the part I was advised to order was the wrong part for the application. This problem appeared to be that the part number I was told to order had two of its digits reversed.

So I went back to the online chat and explained the problem. I was given a link to visit and then an email address to write to about the problem. This was at about 4 PM on 3/27/09.

The response was, in essence, "Too bad."

After several emails with no results I called my credit card company to request a correction. They will do so as I've requested after 15 days (and after my attempts to return the item after the part arrives). The credit card company was already aware there is no phone contact for ApplianceZone.

Several days later, a package arrives at my street address but to the wrong person and wrong company (with a different "sold to:" address. The package is from another appliance parts supplier. And the part is a different product number altogether. And it comes with an invoice at a different price than seen anywhere else.

I called the shipper of the part (the invoice in the box did have a phone number) and asked why they sent me something. They scratched their heads, so to speak, and did not know why. I was not in their system! They promised to resolve the issue.

Fifteen minutes later I get a call from "Jordan" of ApplianceZone. I asked for her telephone number. She would not provide it...she was on a cell phone and I don't have caller ID. I explained the entire situation. She said, in essence, "Too bad," and that the item I received was a substitute. The lower price was irrelevant, I could not get a refund, and would not be issued a UPS "Call Tag" to return the item at no charge to me.

So I called the credit card company to document this ridiculous situation again.

So I've now got the wrong, wrong [sic] part sitting here, no way to contact ApplianceZone other than by online chat (during which I'm told the person cannot help me), or via email (during which I get the same response of, "We will not refund your money for either the product or the shipping."

At this point, I'm quite certain my credit card company will credit my account for the total amount, and ApplianceZone will be debited for that amount. Still, this entire ordeal has been eye opening. I'll never deal with ApplianceZone again.

BTW the company that shipped the wrong part to me (Automatic Appliance Parts) had a cheaper price for the correct part than did ApplianceZone - by 25%.

Oh yeah...the part that ApplianceZone says was the replacement for the one they told me incorrectly to order is also shown on the ApplianceZone website...at a different price than they charged me...lower by 15%!

Unbelievable!

Jack
Lake Zurich, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ApplianceZone/Corydon-Indiana/ApplianceZone-Incorrect-online-help-results-in-incorrect-part-orderd-and-no-return-allowed-440608. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ApplianceZone

#1

Credit Card Co. found in my favor; Appliance Zone now using collection agency

AUTHOR: Mr. Timewise - (U.S.A.)

My credit Card company agreed with my assessment of the reported problem, primarily because the amount charged to me was more than shown on the paperwork that came with the delivered part. As mentioned, the only paperwork I received was from another company, not ApplianceZone, and the part was different than what was ordered from Appliance Zone.

Now Appliance Zone has contracted with a collection agency who is saying that I owe 220% of the original amount.

The [wrong] part I was sent still sits here in its original box with no place to send it because Appliance Zone will never take any item back even when they arrange to send the wrong part.

For your own sake, do not even entertain the thought of doing business with Appliance Zone.

#2

Credit Card Co. found in my favor; Appliance Zone sent to collections

AUTHOR: Mr. Timewise - (U.S.A.)

My credit Card company agreed with my assessment of the reported problem, primarily because the amount charged to me was more than shown on the paperwork that came with the delivered part. As mentioned, the only paperwork I received was from another company, not ApplianceZone.

My credit card has been credited properly.

Now Appliance Zone has filed with a collection's agency asking for 220% of the original [incorrect] amount.

The [wrong] part I was sent still sits here with no place to send it.

4/29/09

You are correct, Susan. I should have thoroughly read and understood the ApplianceZone warranty. As I interpret their lengthy statements and the "AS-IS" clauses, they essentially disavow everything they do and say.

People decide for yourselves

AUTHOR: Brent - (U.S.A.)

I am the employee who supposively told this person to "to order the lower price item...might as well save the money." Below is our exact chat, word for word, you decide what was said. I specifically tell the customer to order the correct part that the other is not the same. He decides to go the cheap route (not as advised by me).

5:29:40 PM [Brent] Hi, how can I help you today?
5:34:36 PM [Visitor] I need a sub zero Model 532 gasket for the refrigerator door. The correct part number is 3211080. There are at least three items showing as available that match this number (some are with and some are without the "dashes" located at different places within the part number). The prices vary by as much as $12 or so. Give me an assurance that the part "3-21-018-0" I can buy for $32.29 is as correct as part "3211080" at a price of $44.90 .
5:35:15 PM [Brent] I do not think that they are the same.
5:35:20 PM [Brent] I would go with 3211080
5:35:36 PM [Brent] Sub-Zero doesn't use dashes in their part#s
5:35:42 PM [Brent]
Refrigerator

Refrigerator Door Gasket - 3211080

Refrigerator Door Gasket - 3211080 $56.13 $44.90

5:35:57 PM [Visitor] They used to. In recent years they dropped the dashes.
5:36:10 PM [Brent] one sec
5:36:29 PM [Brent] actually 3-21-018-0 show that it is made by Sub-Zero too
5:36:32 PM [Brent] strange
5:37:11 PM [Visitor] Ya, and subzero now has a substitute under p/n 7010573
5:38:00 PM [Brent] 3211080 has been discontinued
5:38:08 PM [Visitor] I'm going to order part number 3-21-018-0 and save the money.
5:38:30 PM [Brent] Have a great weekend! :-)

Did you read?

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

ApplianceZone makes it clear "AS IS" and without warranties of any kind, express or implied.