Complaint Review: Appliances Connection

• Updated: Sun, July 20, 2014

• Reported By: Jim Consumer — Huntsville Alabama
Appliances Connection
Internet USA

Appliances Connection Damaged item - return policy and customer service are a nightmare Brooklyn New York

Appliances Connection gave me what is quite possibly the worst internet purchasing experience of my life.

Before I placed the order, I double checked with these guys to make sure my item was in stock, since every other dealer had it on backorder with the manufacturer. They reassured me that it was absolutely 100% in stock and would ship out right after placing my item.

Guess what? They were wrong. It was actually out of stock and ended up taking a few months to ship. When it finally arrived, it had heavy damage although the packaging was completely unblemished. Strangely enough, this “backordered” item had a manufacturing date in 2012, over two years ago. How on earth could that be the case?

I then found out that Appliances Connection’s advertised “30-day hassle free guarantee” is a complete joke. Good luck ever returning anything to these guys - they have a huge amount of fine print attached. Their customer service was completely awful - rude and at times downright threatening.

They gave me the runaround for months, then more or less said I was to blame because I didn’t unpack and inspect my extremely heavy package (we are talking a few hundred pounds of disassembled parts in a giant heavily-packed box) while the delivery person stood in my house all afternoon. Of course this was all buried in the fine print somewhere, and I feel no adequate attempt was made to highlight it to me until after the fact. Doesn’t seem like they care about keeping their customers happy - this exact scenario seems to be an *extremely* common complaint about these shysters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2014 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appliances-Connection/internet/Appliances-Connection-Damaged-item-return-policy-and-customer-service-are-a-nightmare-B-1163576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appliances Connection