Complaint Review: AppliancesConnection.com

• Updated: Fri, August 05, 2011

• Reported By: Trevor — Gilbert Arizona United States of America
AppliancesConnection.com
10101 Foster Ave. Section A Brooklyn, New York United States of America

AppliancesConnection.com Untrustworthy, Poor Customer Service Brooklyn, New York

Never Again!
I would strongly recommend anyone interested in doing an online purchase with AppliancesConnection.com to consider a local store (Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, etc) for any appliance purchase.

I placed my order on Thursday July 29th and received an auto-confirmation mentioning that my order will be processed within 24-48 hours.  By Wednesday the following week I did not receive any update to my order and decided to send them an email requesting status.

2 days later I received an email asking to call them.  So I called, gave them my order # and without asking any further questions said they would process the order.  I asked them why did it take 1 week just to process the order and why did I have to call in to get this initiated.

They said they were busy.  Later that day I then received another email from their Billing dept mentioning they have put a stop on the order because I did not have my shipping address set up with my credit card company.

I do online bill pay so my Billing address is different than my home(shipping) address and as I
suspected most credit card companies do not allow more than 1 address to be on file at a time (I also confirmed this with my CC company as well).

I can understand their need to set up some type of policy to help mitigate online fraud however if the credit card companies do not support multiple addresses then they need to come up with a different fraud solution, preferably one that would not inconvenience the customer.  This is an out-dated and completely unacceptable solution and will certainly impact their ability to grow as an online merchant.

Like everyone else I make constant online purchases and this is the first I have ever had this type of experience.  Never again will I use this company and I hope this message reaches others so they don't fall into this frustrating issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2011 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AppliancesConnectioncom/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/AppliancesConnectioncom-Untrustworthy-Poor-Customer-Service-Brooklyn-New-York-761345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AppliancesConnection.com