• Report: #219656

• Submitted: Wed, November 08, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 13, 2006

• Reported By:Crestview Florida
Applied Card Bank - Cross Country Bank
PO Box 10450 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Applied Card Bank - Cross Country Bank Will Not Stop Reporting Fraudulent Account and Will Not Communicate With Me ripoff Wilmington Delaware

*Author of original report: Thank You.

*Consumer Comment: GO TO CORPORATE! GET ANSWERS!

*Consumer Suggestion: Send them the letter requiring them to remove the entries...

*Author of original report: Contacting Credit Bureaus does no good if they do not request proof of the accounts existence.

*Consumer Suggestion: You need to contact the credit bureaus directly!

Recently I received a copy of my credit report, which contained a bad debt charge off against me. Applied Card Bank is listed as the creditor, the address listed is PO Box 10450, Wilmington, DE 19850. On September 07, 2006, I sent Applied Card Bank a notarized letter requesting a copy of the original agreement with my signature, as I am not aware of this account.

I gave them 30 days to reply before I contacted the BBB and the State Attorney General's office for both Delaware and Florida (my state of residence). Applied Card Bank received this letter at 12:33 p.m. on September 12, 2006.

As of October 16, 2006, I had not received ANY communication from Applied Card Bank, so I sent them a second notarized letter stating the above request and that I was now filing with the Attorney Generals' offices.

As of today, November 08, 2006, I have yet to receive anything from Applied Card Bank proving that this debt is mine. I am not aware of this account ever having been opened and want it removed from my credit report. I filed with all three credit bureaus, Equifax, TransUnion and Experian, with copies of my letter denying that this debt is legally mine.

Applied Card Bank will not communicate with me, will not send me proof that this debt is legally mine, yet they confirm with the credit bureaus that this debt is legitimate. It is not legitimate, it is illegal. This information is damaging to my credit, and they refuse to provide a copy of the original agreement containing my signature. I do not believe that they have anything with my legal signature, as I cannot recall ever opening an account with them. I do not have any cancelled checks written to them, so I've never made a payment on this account (which would be an acknowledgement that it was mine).

All I want is either proof with my signature, and if they can't provide that, I want it removed from my credit report with all three credit bureaus.

Applied Card Bank - Cross Country Bank keeps reporting this fraudulent information and refuses to communicate with me to get this situation resolved.

Juana
Crestview, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2006 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Applied-Card-Bank-Cross-Country-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/Applied-Card-Bank-Cross-Country-Bank-Will-Not-Stop-Reporting-Fraudulent-Account-and-Will-219656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Applied Card Bank - Cross Country Bank

Thank You.

AUTHOR: Juana - (U.S.A.)

I want to thank you for your help, Lawrence. I had already done everything Elaine had suggested above. I will update this report again when I hear from Ms. Barrett. Thank you again! JS

GO TO CORPORATE! GET ANSWERS!

AUTHOR: Lawrence - (U.S.A.)

The only way to get answers is to go to the top. Aimee Barrett is in the corporate office. The corporate office telephone number is 302.326.4200 The Corporate office fax number is 302.467.4394. The owner's name is Rocco A Abessinio. The corporate office address is 800 Delaware Avenue Wilmington DE 19801.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

Enclose your documentation with your letters, cite how often you've been in contact with them, and require them to remove the erroneous information within 30 days from the dates you've sent them before. Require them to remove the information as they have not provided proof to you as to what the account was. Send the letter certified mail, as suggested before. The same rules apply; if they can't prove it, they must remove it.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Juana - (U.S.A.)

I have written to all three credit bureaus, with all of the documentation where I have tried to get Applied Card Bank to stop reporting this fraudulent information. I stated in my claim that this was not my account and that Applied Card Bank will not send me anything with my signature, or any proof whatsoever that this account is indeed legally mine.

The problem with reporting to the credit bureaus is that they only contact the company and ask for the company to confirm that the amount declared on the credit report is correct. They do not demand proof that the account legally belongs to the consumer.

I have written to all three credit bureaus no less than twice with this, and every time, all they have done is "confirm" the debt. They do not confirm that its existence is legally my debt, only ask Applied Card Bank to confirm the debt.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

You need to contact the credit bureaus directly!

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

Go to the 3 credit bureau's websites, Transunion, Equifax, and Experian, and each of them have instructions on how to dispute contents of your credit file. Do so in writing, send it certified mail, return receipt requested, send any documentation you already have, give them 30 days (no more, sometimes less) and they should remove this from your credit bureau.

The BBB and the Attorney General are not in charge of maintaining your credit bureau files; the credit reporting agencies are. Go after them, and be a pitbull about it!
Good luck!