Complaint Review: Applied Card Bank - Cross Country Bank

• Updated: Thu, October 01, 2009

• Reported By: Frank — White City Kansas USA
Applied Card Bank - Cross Country Bank
P.O. Box 15188 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Applied Card Bank - Cross Country Bank Formerly Cross Country Bank Raised THe Annual Fee To Outrageous Amount Wilmington, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Sign of the times

I obtained this credit card when the company was called Cross Country Bank.  I had credit issues as my wife had various health issues and caused large bills even after insurance had paid. They were willing to issue an unsecured card and over time increased my credit line as I kept the account up to date. Eventually they were bought out or sold to Applied Bank. The issue I have is when Applied Bank bought the account I had an annual fee of $50. Recently the company has increased this to $15 per month maitenance fee, or in other words $180 annually. I truly do not understand how they are allowed to do this. Nothing has changed so how can it be that it is costing them $130 a year more to maintain my account, almost quadrupling the original amount?  I am currently working in Iraq to help our service members who are defending the freedom of companies like this so they can stick it to  the consumer. I had to come over as my wife was injured in an auto accident and is unable to work at the moment. As soon as I am able, this card is being paid off and account closed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2009 05:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Applied-Card-Bank-Cross-Country-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware-19885-5188/Applied-Card-Bank-Cross-Country-Bank-Formerly-Cross-Country-Bank-Raised-THe-Annual-Fee-502497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Applied Card Bank - Cross Country Bank

Sign of the times

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

They are extending unsecured credit lines to high risk borrowers.   Actually, I'm surprised that they haven't just shut the card program down, like most other players in this market.

You need to realize that the kind of credit they're extending has become extremely expensive.  After the trials of the past year, most banks are not willing to even consider an account with a poor credit risk.   If they do, they're having to charge a large premium to cover the risk.   If you read your card agreement, I'm sure that you'll find that they are within their rights to change the fees charged, and you are also within your rights to choose not to accept the higher fees.  Just pay the card off and you're done.