• Report: #204182

• Submitted: Wed, August 02, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, November 12, 2006

• Reported By:liberty Kentucky
Applied Card Bank
Po Box 11170 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Applied Card Bank HUGE RIPOFFS!! CHARGES FEES FOR EVERYTHING INCLUDING CHECKING YOUR BALANCE THROUGH THEIR 800#! CAUSES YOUR ACCT TO OVERDRAW WITH THEIR FEES ALONE AND THEN CHARGES YOU FOR IT! Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: GO TO CORPORATE! DEMAND RESTITUTION!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Please!!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Read - and UNDERSTAND - Your Contracts!!!

*Consumer Comment: You got a ripoff card and now you pay for it....

This credit card bank is the biggest scam I've ever dealt with! I have a small $500 credit limit with them and due to a personal matter had charged $450 of it. Well....even though I'm paying them $75 per month, along with all their charges, I am constantly over the limit! Here's what they charge every month....

a $10.95 maintainance fee just for having an acct with them, $6.95 if you want to make a payment ONLINE, $12.95 if you want to make a payment over the phone! So, even though I knew my balance was $450...I atleast knew that I was not over my limit and wouldn't be charged anything BUT the $10.95 fee. So, I get my bill.....it says that I'm over the limit by $34.00 and they charged me a $32.00 over the limit fee. I look at my purchases and tally everything up and find that everything I charged totalled $454.34. But after their 10.95 fee, their 6.95 online payment fee, and the finance charges and cash advance charges (even though I have never taken a cash advance!!), my balance is now $534.37! Doesn't make sense does it? On the top portion of my bill it says there's a total of $10.72 in finance charges but at the bottom it says $17.90 in total finance charges! So which is it???? Maybe it's both? Because apparently they're just plugging in numbers wherever they want to.

So, I call them and try to ask questions about these fees and why I'm being charged the over the limit fee when I'm not the one who caused the account to go over the limit? Every answer was, "it's bank policy". I explained to the woman that I have many credit cards and they all charge some kind of fee but if their fees cause me to go over the limit, they DO NOT charge me an over the limit fee! Also, they are the only credit card that I have that charges for online transactions and charges to listen to their computer tell me what my balance is using an 800#! Now if I want to talk to a real person, alot of them will charge a fee...but I'm listening to a computer for god sakes!

So, I closed my account and the woman tells me to be aware that I will still get charged all these fees until my account is paid off! NO *&#%!

I am also writing to the attorney general in my state and Delaware and I'm contacting the BBB. Something has to give with these fake banks that charges all these rediculous fees.

Judi
liberty, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2006 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Applied-Card-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/Applied-Card-Bank-HUGE-RIPOFFS-CHARGES-FEES-FOR-EVERYTHING-INCLUDING-CHECKING-YOUR-BALAN-204182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Applied Card Bank

AUTHOR: Lawrence - (U.S.A.)

The only way to get answers is to go to the top. Aimee Barrett is in the corporate office. The corporate office telephone number is 302.326.4200 The Corporate office fax number is 302.467.4394. The owner's name is Rocco A Abessinio. The corporate office address is 800 Delaware Avenue Wilmington DE 19801.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Please!!!!

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

The only information that came with the application was what was on the back of the application and it DID NOT have all the fees! The only "fees" it listed was the $10.95 monthly maintainance fee not any of the other fees regarding payment. The "disclosure" came AFTER I was approved and received my card and was already being charged fees! I have many credit cards and I read EVERYTHING! So don't assume anything. I am not stupid. This company is getting away with theft and after checking the BBB there is proof. So thank you very much for your understanding and your critizism. I am not the only person being scammed by this company and even if they "disclose" their fees (after you accept the card I might add), it still does not make it legal.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Read - and UNDERSTAND - Your Contracts!!!

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

I too got an application for credit from these clowns. But I read the disclosure statement included with the offer. I read about all the fees, including fees to contact them about their account. It's outright ridiculous and I threw it out. There is no way that ANYONE should do business with them, but thousands of people do, because like you, they neglected to read the fine print. You're stuck. Good luck on filing complaints, but I think you'll find that they will win - unless you file bankruptcy.

You got a ripoff card and now you pay for it....

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

They can rip you off if they tell you in advance that they are going to rip you off. Those fees should be listed in the CC agreement- which you probably did not read. If those fees ARE listed in the CC agreement- too bad.

Next time, slow down and be really, really sure what you are doing, and why. Read ALL agreements and contracts (and an agreement IS a contract) very carefully before you ever sign it. And when you are asked to "OK" something, understand that you are "SIGNING" it.

If YOU will not look out for YOU very carefully, then WHO IS going to look out for YOU?