• Report: #195330

• Submitted: Wed, June 07, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, June 07, 2006

• Reported By:Beverly Hills California
Applied Card - Cross Country Bank
800 Delaware Ave, Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Applied Card - Cross Country Bank ripoff Wilmington Delaware

I made a payment to my Applied Card/Cross Country Bank two weeks before the due. I used my bank's website to pay the payment to avoid the $6.95 fee Applied Card/Cross Country charges to make the payment, when most other banks are free of charge. The amount due was $47. So some reason, if was a key stroke error on my part or through the bank, only a payment of $40 paid. Even though I did make the payment, I was charged $32 for a late fee when my due date came and then the $32 I was charged made me go over my limit and was charged another $32 for over-the-limit. I called to explain what happened and the representative I received, Shakeel, I could barely understand. His accent was so thick that it was making me irritable that I had to keep repeating myself. I was told that they were "valid" charges and they were not in a position to reverse either. I was given a late fee reversal in December 2005, because I was having financial problems at the time. When Shakeel told me this I asked to speak with supervisor and he fought me about speaking to one. I finally did receive a supervisor, Donna Gilliam, who did speak perfect English, and she also would not reverse either fee. They both tried to strong arm me into making my payment at that time. I closed the account. Applied Card/Cross Country Bank must be in hard times themselves if they can't extend a courtesy to a customer that is actually paying ontime, only that an error was made. A $7 error cost me $64. Or maybe the bank's President, Rocco Abessinio's wife needs to have a manicure or pedicure with that $64.

Joann
Beverly Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2006 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Applied-Card-Cross-Country-Bank/Wilmington-Delaware-19801/Applied-Card-Cross-Country-Bank-ripoff-Wilmington-Delaware-195330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Applied Card - Cross Country Bank