Complaint Review: Appolson Performance Center

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: Karen — Depew New York
Appolson Performance Center
5820 Southwestern Blvd Hamburg, New York United States of America

Appolson Performance Center Rip off Overcharge Poor Customer Service Hamburg, New York

*Author of original report: Appolson's Deceive public

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Appolson's Performance Center

We took our 4 wheeler to them an told them we think it is electrical to check the wiring, after having it for 2 weeks they charged us a $1,000 an said they fixed it. We got it home an drove it up the street an it was doing the same thing! We took it to another mechanic an said it was electrical an fixed it for $300 an said the work they did was on the motor an was NOT even done right! We went back to them an told them everything we had done and all they did is want to go over the bill on what they did ....Bottom line what you did did NOT fix the problem an would not give us any money back, we only asked for 1/2 back which they would still make out on, but didn't care if we were happy or not as long as they got their money. The owner Jim Appolson would NOT even take the time to talk with us but made the counter guy deal with us. What kind of business does this!

They had 80 bucks in parts then charge 11. [continued below]....
.....5 hours in labor. And did not fix the problem !!!!

There have been several others I have spoken to about there lousy service dept and there is not 1  yes   not 1 of them backing them up   they all had similar stories about there business practices   HHMMMM   small parts list costplus

LARGE  labor hours  equal money in there pocket. Do not send your broken ATVs snowmobiles etc to this thief !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appolson-Performance-Center/Hamburg-New-York-14075/Appolson-Performance-Center-Rip-off-Overcharge-Poor-Customer-Service-Hamburg-New-York-1036663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appolson Performance Center

Appolson's Deceive public

AUTHOR: Karen - ()

Either Appolson's has another unhappy customer or they are once again trying to deceive the public ! Above are pics of the electrical issues found after they failed to diagnose and I took back my equipment from them.I told them to check electrical when I brough it to them for repair. They instead tore down the motor then reassembled.(No internal or any other engine part was replaced because everything was with in specs) So either there 7 pt service process was not followed and electrical issue was completly overlooked.

With that said   the only other issue that was talked about was the front wheel bearings needing replacment. Nothing involving motor and how it was running. I took my equipment from your shop when I

did because I was not going to have you charge me 1 more cent for anything else. The break down was a direct result of worn electrical wire getting wet the first ride out and shorting!! END of STORY !

The BBB never dissmissed the complaint and the suit filled in small claims court was heard by a judge with the plantiff being awarded a cash judgment against Appolson's Performance in my particular case. After several weeks since judgment  I am still waiting for Appolson's to do the right thing here and payup !

I even had asked the owner himself...... So   What was the problem that you found wrong and fixed   to make bike run again.  His reply was .... IT was a little bit of everything.  I said WHAT   he relpied  It was alittle bit of everything    AGAIN.  What kind of anwere is that !

I will reply to any future response  from Appolson's concerning this issue and trying to deceive the public. Also   I will inform the  public on when and if Appolson's Performace sends out  the judgement cash amount against them.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Appolson's Performance Center

AUTHOR: Appolson's Performance Center - ()

We can certainly appreciate the frustration customers feel when their performance equipment does not work properly. We pride ourselves on our service department that is dedicated to providing customers with equipment that is repaired at or above manufacturer specifications through our seven-point service process.

That said, in this situation upon the initial repair of what the customer authorized, we  noted a number of issues that the ATV would soon encounter if they went unattended. The customer chose to “take care of these issues himself” and took the equipment for immediate use. Weeks later we learned of their breakdown, which in fact was a direct result of those issues we highlighted but that the customer chose to post-pone and repair on their own.

The customer chose to report this incident to the Better Business Bureau, which immediately closed the case in favor of Appolson’s. The customer then filed suit in Small Claims Court – which immediately dismissed the case. Both of these dismissals were the result of an unfounded case coupled with Appolson’s stellar reputation over the last 21 years.

At Appolson’s, our goal is to assure that each of our customers has the best experience possible for all of their performance equipment. It is unfortunate that in this case we were unable to resolve this customer’s problem to their satisfaction – we are certain that if we were provided the opportunity after the customer’s second breakdown they would have ridden away satisfied.