Complaint Review: Appstar Financial

• Updated: Mon, January 23, 2012

• Reported By: Brad — Visalia California United States of America
Appstar Financial
4619 Viewridge Avenue San Diego, California United States of America

Appstar Financial Merimac Capital Merchant Credit Card Processing Rip Off San Diego, California

Finding an honest credit card processor when you are new in business can be difficult.  My wife and I recently took over a business.  The business was using a previous credit card processor and we were approached by a totally dishonest salesman from Appstar Financial and asked to complete a comparision of credit card processing services.

The salesman made so many promises of incredible service and savings, my wife and I trustingly signed a new contract with Appstar.  I should have been more suspicious when I continually had to call the salesman for clarification to unanswered questions.  The contract came to us in sections over several days making it difficult to keep up with what we had alread read and signed.

When the processing charges started to show up, there were some very expensive costs associated with the processingthat were not explained.  In addition, I was talked into a 5 year lease of a pin pad at the cost of 1200 dollars over the lease.  The salesman convinced us that this was totally normal and the equipment is very expensive.

To keep this realatively short, discontinuing the services of Appstar Financial ended up costing my wife and I over 2500 dollars in fees just to get rid of them.  My new processing complany (Banctek) seems to be much more affordable.  They don't charge me excessive fees, hidden costs, and I have a month to month contract with no termination fees.  They also provided me a pin pad....for free!   Unlike Appstar, I can call a real person at Banctek who actually helps he with issues.   If you are a merchant and need a credit card processing company, DONT SELECT APPSTAR as your processor, the are nothing but a bunch of expensive crooks!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2012 10:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appstar-Financial/San-Diego-California-92123/Appstar-Financial-Merimac-Capital-Merchant-Credit-Card-Processing-Rip-Off-San-Diego-Cali-827484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appstar Financial