• Report: #202038

• Submitted: Thu, July 20, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 20, 2006

• Reported By:Callahan Florida
Apria Healthcare
PO Box 536841 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Apria Healthcare Apria marks up DME up to 500%! ripoff Atlanta Georgia

Apria Healthcare issued me a CPAP machine and heated humidifier as per doctors perscription.

I payed my 10% co-pay at the time the equipment was picked up and that was the end of it.

ONE YEAR later, Apria sends me a bill for over $300 dollars stating that my insurance company would not cover the cost of the humidifer because it was heated.

After contacting Apria about the price of the humidifier, I was told that the retail for this particular Respironics integrated humidifier was over $800.00. A quick check of the actual retail price according to cpap.com is $154.99.

I can buy a brand new heated integrated Respironics humidifier still in the box for $155, but Apria thinks I am getting a good deal by only having to pay $371.01 because "the retail is over $800!". BULLCRAP!

Why did it take a year for Apria to file the insurance claim and then tell me I had to pay full price? Why are they insisting that the humidifier is worth over $800 when I can get a brand new one for $155?

Because Apria is a RIPOFF artist!! Avoid dealing with Apria at all costs.

From now on I will take my doctors perscription and buy my medical equipment online, then submit to insurance for reimbursement.

Callahan, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2006 06:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apria-Healthcare/Atlanta-Georgia-30353/Apria-Healthcare-Apria-marks-up-DME-up-to-500-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-202038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apria Healthcare