Complaint Review: Apria Healthcare

• Submitted: Sat, January 15, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, August 20, 2005

• Reported By:Derby Kansas
Apria Healthcare
http://www.apria.com/home/ Fairfax, Virginia U.S.A.

Apria Healthcare ripoff Billing for Items Already Paid For Fairfax Virginia

*Author of original report: No refund yet

My medical insurance company purchased a Nebulizer for me 3/26/04. Since then I am still being billed monthly rental fees. I did not realize this until recently so I called them. They said they show my account on rental status not purchase.

I told the representative that I have insurance paperwork showing it was purchased on 3/26/04 and she said that I must have the wrong paperwork because it was never purchased. I told her the paperwork shows that my insurance was billed 270.00 for the item, that the write off amount was 152.00 and that my portion was 35.40 and yes I have now paid them 59.70 and I want my refund.

She refused to get this taken care of and says that it is my problem, not hers.

Joe/Kelli
Derby, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2005 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apria-Healthcare/Fairfax-Virginia-22030/Apria-Healthcare-ripoff-Billing-for-Items-Already-Paid-For-Fairfax-Virginia-127516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apria Healthcare

No refund yet

AUTHOR: Joe/kelli - (U.S.A.)

As of today we have yet to get a refund for our direct payment to Apria Healthcare, that we shouldn't have had to make.

After the previous complaint I called my insurance company. They called Apria Healthcare and Apria rebilled them and my insurance paid the bill.

So Apria kept all my payments plus my insurance companies!