Complaint Review: Apria Healthcare

• Updated: Tue, January 24, 2012

• Reported By: Terry — Garfield Arkansas United States of America
Apria Healthcare
124-A Commercial Ave. Lowell, Arkansas United States of America

Apria Healthcare, dishonest billing, and no honest service after the sale/lease. Lowell, Arkansas

On 12/30/2010 I purchased, not leased a BiPAP machine from Apria Healthcare, in Lowell, Arkansas. I was told by two different people, at the facility, that my BiPAP would cost me absolutely nothing out of pocket. 30 days later I was billed for $72.00.

I contacted Apria by phone, and was assured that the issue was taken care of. It was not. Less than 6 months later, I had a problem with the machine. I took the machine to Aria, in Lowell. The woman turned on the machine, put her hand over the outlet on the reservoir, the machine blew air a few times, and the woman said "nothing wrong with the machine". This was after explaining that the BiPAP quits working correctly, after 4 - 6 hours.

She gave me a new seal to go between the BiPAP and the reservoir, and sent me on my way. The machine still had the same problem. I tried to return the BiPAP, and The representative at Apria said they did not want it back. I attempted to return the BiPAP a second time, after still being billed the $72.00 a month, for three consecative months.

My insurance "Today's Options" has been billed on four different occasions, for $1,897.56, for a total of $7,562.24. If you must deal with these people "Apria Healthcare", be sure to get EVERY THING in writing, because they do lie about the billing, and there is no real service after the purchase of their equipment!

Through Today's Options, you own the machine after leasing the BiPAP for 13 months. I called to affirm that the machine was indeed paid for, and asked for documentation of the fact. I did NOT receive any documentation of the sort.

So like they always say when you call, "This call may be recorded", well, this morning, when I spoke to customer service, it was most definitely recorded on my end. And, I was fortunate enough to get Laura (the customer service rep.) to confirm that my account was  indeed paid in full... I will NEVER deal with Apria Healthcare, again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apria-Healthcare/Lowell-Arkansas-72745/Apria-Healthcare-dishonest-billing-and-no-honest-service-after-the-salelease-Lowell-A-827748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apria Healthcare