Complaint Review: April Mason Enterprises

• Submitted: Wed, March 16, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 16, 2011

• Reported By: Angela — Los Angeles California United States of America
April Mason Enterprises

April Mason Enterprises www.e-junkie.com/aprilmason lied about her product to make a sale and refuses to refund money Internet

*Consumer Comment: Now that's interesting

April Mason is refusing to provide the $99 refund that I am entitled to. After listening to April Mason's live teleseminar I purchased her credit program Business Credit Secrets Exposed which included her approving a line of trade credit. AFTER I made the program purchase, it was disclosed that there is a $30 ongoing monthly fee for this, despite April specifically stating, when asked during the teleseminar, that the $99 was the only thing we had to pay to be a part of the program.

When specifically asked, April Mason made additional false and misleading claims, regarding us participants being able to use this credit line to get, quote "anything you can think of" and "skybox tickets to the Lakers game" which is NOT true. There was no such thing of this nature available for us to purchase. There were items like flashlights and pens to purchase with this line of trade credit, not anything even close to "skybox tickets to the Lakers game" which she claimed she gets with this same line of trade credit.

April Mason also broke at least three different laws:
1. Failure to display a purchase/return policy is a violation of Civil Code 1723.
I believe in the truth and I would have never purchased this program if I had any idea that I would have no recourse of a refund after being lied to by April Mason.

2. Failure to abide by the law that gives buyers the right to a 3 business day return on sales conducted via the use of a seminar/teleseminar is a violation of Civil Code section 1689.20.
I  contacted April Mason two and a half days after the purchase to request a refund and she refused.

3. I also returned the line of credit completely UNUSED and April Mason accepted my return and closed the line of credit at my request, but she still has not issued the $99 back to me (which is NOT an application processing fee). The Truth-in-Lending Act/ 3 day Right of Recission law requires the return of all monies in association with obtaining a credit line that has been fully returned. April Mason is refusing to provide the $99 refund that I am clearly entitled to by law. I've heard that the national internet crimes unit handles illegal activity, fraud and scams. I will look into that too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2011 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/April-Mason-Enterprises/internet/April-Mason-Enterprises-wwwe-junkiecomaprilmason-lied-about-her-product-to-make-a-sale-706563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on April Mason Enterprises

Now that's interesting

AUTHOR: Tony Martinez - (United States of America)

Angela sorry you had a bad experience. I actually met April Mason at a business networking event and she didn't seem to have a scam demeanor to me. She talked about her business credit ebook and the line of credit that it came with and how you can use it. I must admit at first I was a little lost so I emailed her office and received a prompt returned call. I was like you and though that I could only use the account for pens and things like that. I was able to speak to her personally and after she showed me how to use my account, I was in love. I've recently taken my kids to the recent Kings Game that was in LA, I booked a 2 night stay for me and my wife in Vegas and only paid the taxes just like she said. My house flooded and I did as April said and searched for carpet cleaners in my area and found one that would take my barter dollars. I think the coolest thing that I've recently seen on the site is where several home owners were accepting barter dollars as a form of down payment. I was blown away. My youngest son needs braces and we have a dentst that is in the database that will take our barter dollars. April really took the time to show me how this company works, the benefits and I've gotten everything that was promised and saved so much money. She also showed me that I didn't have to just look in my area for things. I live in Los Angeles and needed a digital camera and I found someone in another state that was selling one for only $208 barter dollars and $9.99 shipping and handling. I purchased it and it came about a week and a half ago.In addition to that I learned a lot about business credit from reading her book. Maybe you didn't know how to use your account because for myself, my business and all of my friends that have purchased we're finding what we need. Sorry once again for your experience.