Complaint Review: Aqua America

• Updated: Wed, April 16, 2014

• Reported By: PHAYTHIE314 — RALEIGH North Carolina
Aqua America
202 Mackenan Dr Nationwide USA

Aqua America, Aqua NC, Aqua Carolinas, Aqua Aqua America, Aqua NC, Aqua Carolinas, Aqua Cary Nationwide

Crooks!!! This company is a joke!!! Who doesn’t love a good monopoly, huh?? I have lived in apartments in the Raleigh area since 2005 and my water bill was always $30-40 for myself AND A ROOMMATE. I bought a house for myself last year and for JUST MYSELF my water bill is $150-$200. I want to vomit on the 15th of every month anticipating how much I will be raped for!! I have had a leak search done on my home and everything is in proper working order. One less occupant in my house and yet the bill is 4-5x as much. Makes sense to me, Aqua!!!

ALSO, I have been set up on auto pay for the past year, yet I have gotten THREE cancellation notices because they simply never draft my account!! I have called and asked on two occasions “Am I set up on auto draft??” and the answer was “YES, everything is set up correctly and you are fine”, yet the payment never comes out and I am sent to cancellation status! My most recent cancellation notice came March 31st for my $205 water bill that apparently was never auto drafted on March 15th (even though everything is “fine”),

so I frantically got on the phone and paid it immediately… Yesterday the draft was automatically taken out (What a miracle!!!) and they had no online record of my March 31st payment. I called and they magically saw both payments in their INTERNAL system, but it would take 3-4 weeks for a refund. Well Aqua, you might as well keep it since I’m sure I have another $200+ ONE PERSON water bill coming my water next month. This company makes me literally feel SICK!!!

(((email redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 06:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aqua-America/nationwide/Aqua-America-Aqua-NC-Aqua-Carolinas-Aqua-Aqua-America-Aqua-NC-Aqua-Carolinas-Aqua-C-1139238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aqua America