Complaint Review: Aqua Finance

• Submitted: Thu, April 06, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Aqua Finance
8504 Innovation Way, Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-234-3663
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Aqua Finance ripoff scam crooks harrasment calls Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I was there too!

*UPDATE Employee: Aqua Finance Rebuttal

It is amazing this company can operate with such impunity. Rain Soft sells the water filters and the salesman said they had a terrific program of financing. I signed the document and later I received a little paper claiming that was my charge off card, and suddenly I find out that they charge daily interest on the so call loan, so the debt started at $4940 dollars. I paid faithfully evey month and after eight months paying a total of $897 dollars, the pay off amount was $8875.72. According to this company if payments are recieved after the fifth of the month then no monies, 000 go to principal, so all was interest. In other words agter paying %897 of interest for eight months I found out that only about sixty five dollars have gone towards reducing the debt. Stay away from Rain soft and Aqua Finance. by the way they used to call every day up to five times a day after the fifth of the month. I had to contcat the FTC and the State Attorney general to get them to stop harrasing me every month. I sent the payment and even when told payment was sent they will call again. I paid it off because I can. I just feel so sorry for people who can not paid off and have to deal with those crooks

Germanico
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2006 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aqua-Finance/Chicago-Illinois-60682/Aqua-Finance-ripoff-scam-crooks-harrasment-calls-Chicago-Illinois-185314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aqua Finance

I was there too!

AUTHOR: HateAquaFinance - (United States of America)

I could have written this report EXACTLY as the original poster.  Except, I cannot pay off more than double of what the original amount was.  In contrast to what the vice president of Aqua Finance claims, I can provide proof that all of my monies went to interest.  They also remodified my loan without my consent or knowledge or signature.  Now I owe them a lot of money and it's scarring my credit report and making it difficult to purchase a home.

Aqua Finance Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Harry - (U.S.A.)

Aqua Finance has been in business for 20 years providing financing products for consumers to purchase a variety of products. All of our loans have the terms and conditions of the lending contract fully disclosed.

Keep in mind that all lending companies have strict standards on a state and national level as to disclosing the terms of a loan, which Aqua Finance complies with. The figures that this cusotmer gives are not true. They would equal around 100% interest per year. Which is not what we charge.

I would challenge this customer to prove that he paid 4800 dollars of interest in 8 months on 4950 loan. Also I would challenge this customer to prove that what he actually did pay in interest was any other amount then what the terms of the loan, that he signed, directed.

We do contact customers that fall past due on their account. This helps customers to avoid future late charges and we attempt to work with them if a financial hardship occurs in their life.

My suggestion to all consumers is that no matter what type of an agreement they wish to enter into that they always fully read it and understand it, before signing it. That way they will know the exact cost of the agreement that they are entering into.

H. Kohn