Complaint Review: Aqua Texas

• Submitted: Thu, April 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 12, 2009

• Reported By:Magnolia Texas
Aqua Texas
762 W. Lancaster Ave. Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Aqua Texas Overcharging for water due to their defective equipment Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: update

Something needs to be done about Aqua Texas who provides water for a lot of people living in Montgomery County. They are the only water provider that we have here and they have a monopoly here. They are charging outrageous fees to everyone and there is nothing any of us can do but lose our water if we don't abide by their unfair policies.

My husband and I are the only ones living at our residence. In February, we had a leak out near our water meter. I called them and they didn't even come to check it for several days and then it was about 10 days before they showed up here to fix it.

It is fixed now but they refuse to rebate any of the water charges for all the water wasted during that time that is was leaking. They said it was a tap leak and not going through the meter.

It is their equipment so we didn't have to pay for the repair but they are charging us for using 67,000 gallons of water for the month of February at a price of 218.49 just for the water only. That does not include the flat rate for sewer of 63.80 and 27.82 for various surcharges that they say have been implemented by the public utilities commission every month.

I have called them several times and was advised to fax them about our problem. I have faxed them a letter 2 diffent times, explaining that the water had to have gone through the meter to be that high.

They will not respond to me or reduce the charges. No other month has ever been this high since we have been with them and we don't fill a pool or anything like that in February.

How can just two people use that much water? There is just no way. What can we do? Please help us? We are out of ideas and we really can't afford an attorney.

We aren't allowed here to put in a well or septic system. Aqua Texas has a monopoly here!

Debby and jerry
Magnolia, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2009 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aqua-Texas/Bryn-Mawr-Pennsylvania-19010-3489/Aqua-Texas-Overcharging-for-water-due-to-their-defective-equipment-Bryn-Mawr-Pennsylvania-447805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aqua Texas

update

AUTHOR: Debby and Jerry - (U.S.A.)

May 12-2009

We contacted the Better Business Bureau and as of today Aqua Texas is going to rebate us 190.86 for this leaking water. Without help from Rip Off Report, Better Business Bureau and contacting the media, I am sure we would be taken advantage of by Aqua Texas. Too bad there isn't another company for all of us to go with for our water in Montgomery County Texas!! I am very happy with the results I got!!!

Debby and Jerry