Complaint Review: Aquila Dental Design

• Updated: Thu, May 17, 2012

• Reported By: Sandra — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Aquila Dental Design
9915 E. Bell Road Suite 130 Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Aquila Dental Design misrepresentation of pricing, overzealous office manager opened care credit account in my name without my authorization Scottsdale, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to assist

Aquila Dental Design opened a Care Credit account in my name without authorization for a limit of $4000. I originally emailed the dentist to inquire about payment options for needed dental work on April 30, 2012. Later that day I had a discussion with Kay, office manager from dentist's office via phone that I could get approve for $4000 from Care credit.

The conversation ended with me thanking her for that information and I thought nothing more about it. At no time did I say to her to proceed with any application in my behalf nor did I apply to Care Credit myself. Imagine to my
surprise on May14, my credit monitor company alerted me about the new Care Credit account on my credit report.

Naturally, I contacted Care Credit to ask about it plus how were they able to open an account for me without me applying for it. The customer rep told me it had been done through Aquila Dental Design and that the amount was for
the cost of dental work.

Additionally, the rep implied that personal information had to come from me. I pointed out to rep that the personal information required was already in my file in the dentist's office from my previous visit. Then customer rep suggested that I call my dentist about the matter.

Eventually I spoke to Kay via phone. Kay first told me that I emailed request for Care Credit. I corrected her that email was about payment options offered by her office. Then she said that she did mention Care Credit approved
me for that amount, which again was incorrect.

After going back and forth in the end, Kay tried to get me to accept the Care Credit account giving me the explanation that it's good to have for any medical or dental work. Eventually, Kay stated that I should close account if I didn't want it.

I never thought a simple conversation about payment options would lead me to a current Care Credit account unknown to me. Beware of Kay, the overzealous office manager whose job is to misrepresent facts in order to get business for the dentist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aquila-Dental-Design/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Aquila-Dental-Design-misrepresentation-of-pricing-overzealous-office-manager-opened-care-883132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aquila Dental Design

We'd like to assist

AUTHOR: GECapital - (United States of America)

Sandra,

We would like to research this matter and speak to you directly regarding your concerns. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com and provide your full name and phone number. We will contact you directly to assist. To expedite your case, please include DM 051712_ror_Sandra in your message.

For your security, please do not include any account numbers in your email.

Regards,