Complaint Review: Aramark Uniform Services

• Submitted: Fri, February 11, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 14, 2011

• Reported By: Terri — Climax North Carolina United States of America
Aramark Uniform Services
815 West Market Street, Greensboro, NC Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Aramark Uniform Services False Representation and Unethical Practices Charlotte, North Carolina

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: No surprise

We were cold called upon by one of their sales reps.  We already had service with one of their competitors but was close to the end of the contract.  We had planned to cancel our service and buy the products we were using instead of renting.  Aramark's sales rep looked at our account and advised us how the company we were currently using had implemented several increases on the account.  She stated that Aramark did not do that and assured us that there would be no increases for at least a year and we would be notified in writing of any increases thereafter.  They have gone up every month since we signed a contract without notice.  They do not advised you.  They just come in and leave the product and ask whoever to sign for it, hoping they will not notice the increase they have put on the invoice.  They also keep adding in increased service charges that are absurd.  I consider this totally dishonest and extremely unethical and would advise avoiding doing any business with this company at all cost.  They have advised us that we have to send them written notice every month when they go up within their time frame that we are declining their increases.  I have sent registered and certified letters to the company notifying them that we are declining any future increases.  They state that I still have to send them written notice every time.  They have very unfavorable business practices and are not trustworthy.  I wish I had read the numerous negative reports on line before I ever agreed to do business with them.  I am in the process of having our attorney handle breach of contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2011 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aramark-Uniform-Services/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28290/Aramark-Uniform-Services-False-Representation-and-Unethical-Practices-Charlotte-North-Ca-694029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aramark Uniform Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

No surprise

AUTHOR: Insurance Professional - (USA)

I used to work for them starting back when they were Aratex, then changed to Aramark.  More than once upper management would come to us and ask which accounts we thought we could bump up rates and get away without their noticing so we could make the profit goals.   Pointing out the fact that WE HAD A CONTRACT with the customers did not mean anything.   Although its been many years, I'm sure the same thing is happening to you.