Complaint Review: Arbor on Richmond Apartments

• Reported By: Fighting back — Houston Texas United States of America
Arbor on Richmond Apartments
3401 Ocee St. Houston, Texas United States of America

Arbor on Richmond Apartments Outrageous water bills!!! Houston, Texas

I live in a low-income apartment complex and we are totally being ripped-off on our water bills! The complex tapes our water bill to our front doors printed on the back of a flyer! It is an old complex so there are not separate meters for each unit. It is one massive bill that they claim they divide up by the size of the apartment unit ( which is ludicrous) instead of how many people live in the unit.

I live in a two bed/ 2 bath. None of the units here have washers or dryers in the unit. My average water bill per month is $75-$85! They told me when I moved in it would be around $55.

It is just me and my daughter in our unit and I travel 50% of the time for work. So if two or three people live in a 1 bed/1 bath, they pay almost half of what I pay.

We do not get to see what the entire bill is for the complex and how it is broken down. We do have washer and dryer units on site that we pay for. There are no sprinkler systems and we have two pools that were closed most of the summer.

The Arbor on Richmond is taking advantage of low income tenants that do not have many choices of apartments to live in. This must be stopped and we should be able to see the entire bill! If this is actually what the bill is, then there are some serious leaks in this property. The average home in Houston water bill is not even close to this amount! My boyfriend who lives in a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath, washer and dryer, sprinkler system only runs him around $55 a month.

Hopefully someone can help uncover what is really going on here!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arbor-on-Richmond-Apartments/Houston-Texas-77063/Arbor-on-Richmond-Apartments-Outrageous-water-bills-Houston-Texas-963808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arbor on Richmond Apartments