• Report: #820904

• Updated: Tue, January 10, 2012

• Reported By: Looking For Justice — Simpsonville South Carolina USA
Arbors At Fairview
1000 Arbor Keats Drive Simpsonville, South Carolina United States of America

Arbors At Fairview Managed By : Grubb & Ellis and Jeanne Scott Poor Management & Unsafe Simpsonville, South Carolina

Manager, Jeanne , lies to ALL new tenants stating that the Arbors are the safest complex in Simpsonville,  The entry gates are always broken and on 11/8/11 an individual(s) entered the complex around 2:00 am and shot up several parked cars.  This has happened on 2 occasions.

- A tenant's boyfriend was fighting and the police were called.  We were advised to notify her, Jeanne, if he returned to the complex because there was a warrant out for him.  When we did notify her, nothing was done.  Afterwards, beyond my belief,
Jeanne told the mother that I had reported this information.  I thought this should have been confidential information and has made me feel very uncomfortable around this individual and now I know that I cannot report anything to the management staff.

- The manager was notified about water leakage from the upstairs apartment on 8/2011.  Nothing was done until we continually reported the problem and finally when maintenance saw the problem it was taken care of in September.

- Many residents complained to Jeanne about a tenant sublet to some individuals that were causing havoc and feelings of insecurity and did nothing.

- Finally, we saw member of the security staff selling drugs at the complex.

- It appears that we cannot get any resolution to issues unless we harass the management staff, threatening individuals are allowed to return to property and the entry gate is always broken which does not provide a safe and secure environment.

- The Arbors are not a caring complex.  They want you to stay somewhere that is unsafe and has poor management.  No one can make me stay somewhere that puts me and my family at risk.  DO NOT RENT FROM THE ARBORS!!!

I will report this to the TV consumer complaints division and all over the internet

Per Tenants Rights and the Law

LANDLORD'S RESPONSIBILITIES

The landlord is not to interfere keep the premises in a livable condition.  If you live in an apartment  building, the landlord also has to keep all common areas (stairs, hallways and parking lots) safe.
If a landlord has violated important terms related to health, safety, or necessary repairs, you might have a legal right to break your lease.  If a landlord makes life so miserable for you that it forces you to move, it may be considered "constructive eviction," which is usually grounds for legal action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arbors-At-Fairview/Simpsonville-South-Carolina-29680/Arbors-At-Fairview-Managed-By-Grubb-Ellis-and-Jeanne-Scott-Poor-Management-Unsafe-Si-820904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arbors At Fairview