Complaint Review: Arbys #1592

• Updated: Tue, September 10, 2013

• Reported By: spankan — Aurora Colorado
Arbys #1592
1099 S BLACK HAWK ST , Select State/Province USA

Arbys #1592 Micro Scam.. what sized Combo did you really pay for? Aurora Colorado

I call these type of hustles "Micro scams".  Over the years I have noticed that when ordering a combo meal at fast food restaurants, the person taking your order will ask "Medium or Large"…implying that those are your only two choices.  I began asking where is the "small" (default) option?  While it is true that some fast food establishments don't have a "small" offering in their combos, many do but fail to mention it in hope that you just answer quickly back with one of the options presented.  Although I have noticed this little pycological trick for years, the last straw (no pun intended) came when I was at Arby's yesterday and was overcharged for 2 combo meals.  I deciphered the receipt and found I was overcharged $1.20 for two meals.  I asked the clerk why my $6.59 meal came to $7.19 ..she said that I ordered Medium, and I stated that that was the lowest option given, but I would have preferred small since the "upsize" only increased my drink cup size, which I can get free refills anyway. [continued below]....

.....  I had a salad for my side dish.  The person agreed that leaving out the small option was indeed on purpose, and went on to explain that she had been instructed not to mention that option by upper management.  Another employee chimed in verifying that he would be written up if he mentioned any other option besides "Medium" or "Large"…   Im all for marketing your products effectively, but this little process is a little to far.  Its like hotels that sneak in the $2 "safe fee" onto you room charge, although you never asked for it or used it.  But not quite as bad as banks that re-order your daily transactions in order to maximize overdraft fees.  Please shed some light on this for others...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arbys-1592/Select-StateProvince/Arbys-1592-Micro-Scam-what-sized-Combo-did-you-really-pay-for-Aurora-Colorado-1083337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arbys #1592