Complaint Review: Arcadia Financial, Daewoo Motor America

• Submitted: Tue, January 28, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, October 03, 2003

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Arcadia Financial, Daewoo Motor America
P.O.Box 4367 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.

Arcadia Financial, Daewoo Motor America VULTURES Only want Money GREEDY Pay Pay Pay IGNORANT Refusing to pick up HAZARD Car Rip-off Carol Stream Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: finance company cant help you

In November 2002, I received a notice for Brake Hose Recall. The car was brought to Daewoo Service At KingsHwy and Foster ave, for recall work to be done. At that time, I also had the NYS Safety Inspection done by them as well. On Dec 5th 2002, this same Daewoo Nubira Wagon refused to stop,the ABS was knocking(like someone hammering)under foot repeatedly, yet the car DID NOT STOP.

Car ran into a big Lincoln taxi. THANK GOD!!! Otherwise I would have been bashed up in two-way traffic at foot of hill. Accident reported to insurance company. Car towed to Daewoo Service at KingsHighway and Foster Ave. Was checked by Service, They say"THERE IS NOTHING WRONG". I refuse to drive a HAZARDOUS vehicle, especially with small children in the car. Arcadia was contacted to pick up car due to its BRAKE Failure and Service inability to correct anything.

This car has a lousy track record since day one. It has been towed several times for "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT". After 5 to 7 trips in for that, finally they kept the car for a week, and put over 100miles on it and spoke to Techs in California in order to correct that problem. Up until Oct 2002, I was still being troubled with "Check Engine " problems.

I CANNOT AFFORD to crash (5 to 7 times) repeatedly before a brake problem is fixed.Arcadia just wants its monthly payments. They state, "We don't care about the condition, We want the money we loaned on it" After delaying one payment, for Jan. finally they contacted me. When asked when they would pick up the car, they pretend they don't know anything about it. The man wanted to verify my employment info so that he could garnish my wages. For one payment. How do I get rid of this loan and this car which has I have been forced to drive until NOW?

Alfreda
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2003 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-Financial-Daewoo-Motor-America/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/Arcadia-Financial-Daewoo-Motor-America-VULTURES-Only-want-Money-GREEDY-Pay-Pay-Pay-IGNOR-43102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia Financial, Daewoo Motor America

#1 Consumer Suggestion

finance company cant help you

AUTHOR: Clarinda - (U.S.A.)

I had a few simialr problems with mine in fact it is in the shop right now. I was told that the warranty was no good due to the fact that Daewoo was going out of bus. but when I called the phone number for Daewoo in Ca. I found out that tthe problem was covered . The finance company cant help you the just hold the not here is the phone number I contacted and got it straightened out. 310-223-5918 hope this helps.