Complaint Review: Arcadia Financial Ltd, Aka TransSouth

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 08, 2004

• Reported By:Florissant Missouri
Arcadia Financial Ltd, Aka TransSouth
2000 South Finley Lombard, Illinois U.S.A.

Arcadia Financial Ltd, Aka TransSouth Fraudulent billing, illegal negotiation of insurance check false promises rip off Lombard Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Lawsuit? right around the corner

*Consumer Comment: Buyers beware do not trust them with a check over the phone.

Not only am I paying through the nose on a car loan, where I still owe over $7,000.00 on a $13,000.00 loan that has just 18 months left on it, but I was further ripped off for money when my husband had an accident.

When we got the check from our insurance company it was made out to myself AND Arcadia. I called and requested that he be allowed to make the repairs himself since it was our only car and he needed it for work. I was told yes and given an address to send the check and told not to endorse it. They would place their endorsement and return it to me. This was in August of 2002 and we are still fighting. They negotiated the check without my signature and are holding it in limbo.

They state that once a repair shop faxes them their certificate allowing them to make repairs, then makes the repairs, Arcadia will have the car inspected an agent of their choosing and then only pay for the parts and no labor. They claim that they are entitled to keep the rest of the money. They also claim that this in no way reduces the amount of my loan. These are just additional funds.

My state's Attorney General just pretty much said "Oh well!" and let the ball drop. We are stuck with a car we cannot get repaired, no insurance money, and an inflated loan to pay off.

Where does Arcadia get the right to negotiate a check for $1468.22 without the signatures of all the payees? What do you think would have happened had I tried to negotiate the check without their signatures?

Mindi
Florissant, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2003 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-Financial-Ltd-Aka-TransSouth/Lombard-Illinois-60148/Arcadia-Financial-Ltd-Aka-TransSouth-Fraudulent-billing-illegal-negotiation-of-insurance-56073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia Financial Ltd, Aka TransSouth

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

After reading numerous post about this same company and I myself have posted a rip off with them. It sound like a class action lawsuit should be right around the corner

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Buyers beware do not trust them with a check over the phone.

AUTHOR: Josephine - (U.S.A.)

My first car payment through Arcadia Trans South was made via phone. I called the company because I did not have a bill or coupon to pay my bill. I wanted to make my first payment on time. My payment was 251.12 with an additional amount charged for check by phone. However an extra 100.00's was taken from my account. I was told it could not be replaced back in my account but it would be deducted from my balance. The next experience was with a check by phone when over 500.00's was taken from my account. This caused my checking account to be overdrawn. The purpose of taking out the extra money, was told to me as I was being charged for car insurance. I had current insurance with AAA. Trans South was faxed proof of insurance at time of car purchase. It Trans South 2 month's to straighten their mess. Buyers beware do not trust them with a check over the phone. This company is quite good at taking unathorized amounts.