Complaint Review: Arcadia Financial Ltd.

• Submitted: Wed, April 16, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2003

• Reported By:Burlington North Carolina
Arcadia Financial Ltd.
www.arcadia financial.com Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Arcadia Financial Ltd. Vehicle was traded, clear title issued from Arcadia, 5 years later they file with collection agency for $4000. Charlotte North Carolina

On August 13, 1996 a 1994 Ford F-150 truck bought from Love Chevrolet in Irmon, South Carolina. This was to be in the name of my son only, but ended up being in my name also, his mother. Every payment was made on this vehicle in a timely manner.

On October 3, 1998 said vehicle was traded at Dodgeland of Columbia, South Carolina. At the time of the sale a payoff was given by Cheryl Richardson and verified by Daniel Leeds, Account Executive for Dodgeland. Ms. Shue of Dodgeland was issued a CLEAR TITLE from Arcadia Financial Ltd. The account was paid in full and received a statment shwoing ZERO balance.

This vehicle had so much insurance, life, health, disability (son age 18) that there was a $789.00 refund due. Arcadia ackowledged that they had recieved this money and would refund to me. NEVER DID. In June of 1999 I received a call from Peter from Arcadia stating that he had a report that the 1994 Ford truck was reported stolen. I informed him that we did not own the vehicle and it was traded in some 9 months ago. He said o;k he would follow another route.

After check my credit report on 12-3-00 Arcadia had reported on my creditauto loan;account charged to profit and loss; charged off account. I filed with a report with the Administrator of Consumers Affairs a complaint.

They ruled that once Arcadia Financial Manager and Dodgeland Manager accepted the payoff Arcadia gave to them it was final deal and if anything else would have been owing on said vehcile Arcadia would not have issued a clear title to Dodgeland. He told me to write to Equifax and they would release this from my credit history. I checked again on 3-24-00 with Equifax and it still showed Arcadia auto loan;charge off; charge off account.

I have been trying unsuccessfully for seven years to get this off my credit history. Now just the other day I received a letter from Mr. Patrick Crawford from Northland Group Inc. stating that there was a balance owing to Arcadia in the amount of $4,192.32. I called him immediately and gave him all of the information and forwarded the same to him.

I wish I could find someone who would take Arcadia for a ride. This has been one of the biggest screw ups I have ever heard of.

Kathryn/robert
Burlington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2003 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-Financial-Ltd/Charlotte-North-Carolina/Arcadia-Financial-Ltd-Vehicle-was-traded-clear-title-issued-from-Arcadia-5-years-later-53122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia Financial Ltd.