Complaint Review: Arcadia Financial - Transouth

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 25, 2004

• Reported By:Newnan Georgia
Arcadia Financial - Transouth
www.arcadiafinancial.com , Illinois U.S.A.

Arcadia Financial - Transouth ripoff dihonest unaccountable deceptive Illinois, North Carolina, New Jersey Illinois

I would just like to make a comment to Arcadia's rebuttal about paying bills on time, first of all I have to send my payment certified/return receipt postage, because they have never seemed to receive a payment on time, even when it was automatically being drawn out of my checking account on the day it was due. I would also like to add the fact that you will be called about a late/missed payment only days after they have endorsed your payment.

That is the most disorganized, rude, and ignorant debtor I have ever dealt with. I must receive at least 2-3 calls per week asking for my address, telephone number, and either my checking account number or my credit card number. As mentioned before my account has been charged late fees when the payment was automatically drafted.

When I asked my mother-in-law (she co-signed with me) for a copy of the contract so I could review the late charges and penalties, she informed that she thought I had been called back to "Bill Heard Chevrolet of Union City, GA" to do another contract with Arcadia, since the one and only contract we ever signed was with GMAC (general motors acceptance corp.)and they declined our application, to make a long story short, when they messed up on the automatic draft situation, I ended up with a missed payment in 09/03 and was not notified of this until 01/04.

They had been sending letters to my mother-in-law, who has never made a payment. They had never once tried to contact me, so when I found this out and found out that an account less than 2 years old had almost $3,000.00 in late fees and intrest, I requested a copy of the contract they say that I signed ( I NEVER DID), that was the beginning of 01/04, I have yet to receive anything from them or the dealer after many, many requests.

Please beware, you will better off driving something from a "buy here-pay here" place than with a new car through them. I am now stuck with a truck with a blue book value of $7,000.00, and a $16,000.00 payoff.

Amanda
Newnan, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2004 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-Financial-Transouth/Illinois/Arcadia-Financial-Transouth-ripoff-dihonest-unaccountable-deceptive-Illinois-North-Caro-81792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia Financial - Transouth