- Report: #114979
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Arcadia Financial
Arcadia FinancialP.O. Box 4367 Carol Stream, Illinois U.S.A.
Arcadia Financial ripoff Carol Stream Illinois
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
815 ILCS 510/2) (from Ch. 121 1/2, par. 312)
Sec. 2. Deceptive trade practices.
(a) A person engages in a deceptive trade practice when, in the course of his or her business, vocation, or occupation, the person:
(1) passes off goods or services as those of another;
(2) causes likelihood of confusion or of
misunderstanding as to the source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services;
(3) causes likelihood of confusion or of
misunderstanding as to affiliation, connection, or association with or certification by another;
(4) uses deceptive representations or designations
of geographic origin in connection with goods or services;
(5) represents that goods or services have
sponsorship, approval, characteristics, ingredients, uses, benefits, or quantities that they do not have or that a person has a sponsorship, approval, status, affiliation, or connection that he or she does not have;
(6) represents that goods are original or new if
they are deteriorated, altered, reconditioned, reclaimed, used, or secondhand;
(7) represents that goods or services are of a
particular standard, quality, or grade or that goods are a particular style or model, if they are of another;
(8) disparages the goods, services, or business of
another by false or misleading representation of fact;
(9) advertises goods or services with intent not to
sell them as advertised;
(10) advertises goods or services with intent not to
supply reasonably expectable public demand, unless the advertisement discloses a limitation of quantity;
(11) makes false or misleading statements of fact
concerning the reasons for, existence of, or amounts of price reductions;
(12) engages in any other conduct which similarly creates a likelihood of confusion or misunderstanding.
(b) In order to prevail in an action under this Act, a plaintiff need not prove competition between the parties or actual confusion or misunderstanding.
(c) This Section does not affect unfair trade practices otherwise actionable at common law or under other statutes of this State.
(Source: P.A. 92‑16, eff. 6‑28‑01)
Numbers 11 and 12 seem to be what most of the people here complain about.
So when you write your lawyers or talk to them have them check this one out.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2004 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-Financial/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60197/Arcadia-Financial-ripoff-Carol-Stream-Illinois-114979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.