Complaint Review: Arcadia Financial

• Submitted: Wed, December 29, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 29, 2004

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Arcadia Financial
P O Box S. Hackensack, New Jersey U.S.A.

Arcadia Financial THIEVES! trying 2 steal my car for insurance?! They think they're above the law! Rip-off! South Hackensack New Jersey

I purchased my SUV in Mar 04. My insurance co never sent me new paperwork. They explained when it expired they would update it with the new car info. huh? When that day came they re-newed the insurance for the old car. AF called me in mid July 2 say I did not renew my insurance for my new car. I advised them that it was a typo and the insurance company said they would fix it. The insurance co sent all new paperwork with the OLD car still on it!!!

I changed insurance co, parked my SUV and after 2 weeks the new insurance co said that I needed to pay an extra $980. So I had to find another company again. AF called me in August I explained that due to insurance rep incompetence I was not driving the car it was parked in the drive way. The AF rep stated that it did not matter to them and that they were attaching another 5,000 on to my loan and I had to pay it starting Sept. Well Thankfully my new insurance came through on 9/11 before the payment was due and they removed the fee. Then in Dec I get a new bill with close to 2K in fees with no explanation.

I called and the AF rep told me that they felt I owed them back fees for no insurance back in July and August and that I just had to pay that in small monthly payments. I asked, "So what happens if I only pay my note and that's it." The rep stated that they would repo my truck!. I have paid over 10K on my car. I said, " Fine, send me my policy, the policy 3 and info for filing a claim because I need to collect on it." That is when the rep informed me that it was not actually a policy but it was just a fee!

In the state of California if you can show proof of financial responsibility (which I can) or the car is not being driven (stays parked) You do not have to insure it. I explained that they are NOT above the laws and that during that period I was not required to insure the can anyway. So now I have to take them to court to make the judge tell them that. But if they ruin my credit or repo my car it'll all be pointless. They need to be stopped. By the way most of their reps are OUT-SOURCED and over seas so they can barely help you, anyway.

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2004 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-Financial/S-Hackensack-New-Jersey/Arcadia-Financial-THIEVES-trying-2-steal-my-car-for-insurance-They-think-theyre-above-124881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia Financial