Complaint Review: Arcadia TranSouth CitiBank Olympic

• Submitted: Tue, October 28, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, April 17, 2010

• Reported By:North Kansas City Missouri
Arcadia TranSouth CitiBank Olympic
P.O. Box 34566 Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

Arcadia / TranSouth / CitiBank /O lympic PLEASE, I'M ORGANIZING A CLASS ACTION. I NEED U! Kansas City Missouri

*Consumer Comment: I Say "YES!!!" To a C/A Suit! Lets Go!

*UPDATE Employee: Inaccurate information against dealership

This is a follow-up report on Arcadia. I have gotten reponse on complaints that I have filed with regulatory agencies concerning the car loan with Arcadia. I have recovered about $3,000 toward my balance of $4,606 on a car that is worth nothing now...the engine blew. Again, Arcadia refused to pick the car up. I really need my garage. Taking bankruptcy is no cure for Arcadia. Citi-Bank owns Arcadia, they use your loss as a write-off to avoid paying taxes on billions of dollars of profit. A bankruptcy from you only gives them spending cash and profits.

I have a clear civil suit on Arcadia for violating laws on collection calls...I used my cellular phone, they are NOT allowed to call many times in a row and a cellular phone records those incoming call numbers. I have a complaint for the excessive late fees--more than is spelled out in the contract that I signed. The car lot--Richland Motors-- pocketed the $1,150 in warrenty refund, that I cancelled even before my first payment was due, Arcadia refused to investigate the missing funds and give me a refund, the State Division of Finance got my money back--not credited to my account yet. Arcadia refuses to return my phone calls now that I have a State prosecutor after them, they still have not responded to me with a correct balance, or the title to my car--so I can properly dispose of it. It has a blown engine in the garage. There are mis-applied payments, late fees, undisclosed fees, harrassment, and finally the impact on my life that they have caused.

PLEASE HELP ME GO AFTER THESE PREDATORS. I'm interviewing attorney's for a civil suit this week. TALK IS CHEAP, it will take a class action to stop these people. I need your help.

Kansas City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2003 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcadia-TranSouth-CitiBank-Olympic/Kansas-City-Missouri-64116/Arcadia-TranSouth-CitiBank-O-lympic-PLEASE-IM-ORGANIZING-A-CLASS-ACTION-I-NEED-U-70403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia TranSouth CitiBank Olympic

I Say "YES!!!" To a C/A Suit! Lets Go!

You bet a class action suit is needed.  Here are the points...

Subprime, cry baby borrowers need to be sued for these reasons...

1.  Predatory Lenders?  Did this lender grab you off the street and force you an gunpoint to sign a contract?

2.  Late Fees.  If you make your payments ON TIME, there will be NO late fees!  What an idea!

3.  Calls.  If you make your payments on time, this subprime lender won't be hounding you to pay AS YOU AGREED TO PAY!

4.  Not Knowing what you're talking about.  You haven't a clue about write offs and how they work!

BOTTOM LINE:  Why not GROW UP and live up to your obligations to pay what and when you agreed to pay?  You made yourself a SUBPRIME borrower because YOU have a REPUTATION of not paying your bills on time.  You wouldn't need a subprime lender if you were responsible in the first place.

Why not GROW out of being a subprime borrower with typical subprime thinking by meeting your obligations AS YOU AGREED TO, so that you don't need to go to a dealership like this again?

Inaccurate information against dealership

AUTHOR: Lee - (United States of America)

Mam, you have slandered the dealership with your accusation that we had any part with regards to your issues with Arcadia / Transouth / Citi Bank.

I happen to know that when you  purchased your vehicle, and the extended service contract, that you canceled the ESC after thirty days.  You were informed at that time, that the cancellation amount from the ESC provider would be returned to the finance company not to you.  You had not paid for it the finance company, loaned that amount, therefore they were entitled to the refund amount not you.  This money went to reduce the balance you owed to them.

As far as your dealings with the above mentioned finance source, I hope you find some satisfaction, however you would be wise to curtail your comments to them and not include the dealership in your comments, as we had nothing to do with your financial setback, nor the issue with your engine, In hindsight it would seem that you should have kept the service contract that you originally purchased, this whole issue might have been avoided.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Dear Mam, As I mentioned to another party who is complaining here, you should check into other existing lawsuits already ongoing. This is probably America's worst most egregiously bad
predatory lender - there will be lawsuits going on and some may be loving to hear from you. Try asking for a free search of the databases from the nearest law school law librarian. Ask where there are lawsuits involving Transouth Financial.
Also check the website search engines that deal with legal matters. Read over one by one all of the Rip-off reports here that involve Transouth for ideas. Also have a friend that is good with contracts to carefully read over your paperwork that you "supposedly signed" and check carefully to be sure that you are seeing your real signature and not a forgery. Often the one people signed got file 13nd and another one complete with forged signature takes its place. Beware. Good Luck.