Complaint Review: Arcadia/Transouth

• Submitted: Wed, September 29, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 29, 2004

• Reported By:Big Stone Gap Virginia
Allen, Texas Allen, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Arcadia/Transouth ripoff, dishonest, rude employees working with dishonest dealers Allen Texas

I purchased a vehicle from Carl Gregary in Johnson City Tn. it was financed Arcadia/TranSouth. I actually thought I had purchased one vehicle and after approx 3 weeks I was told to come back to the dealer they wanted to work further with me in getting a me down to less payments a month.

I arrived and was told they could not sell this vehicle to me because another company had got upset because I tried to buy the vehicle from them first and it was not financied with them so they would finance a 2004 Grand Cherokee for me through TranSouth although the price was the same.

I advised I did not want a Grand Cherokee but they told me this was the best they could do. We were fast talked and put in a vehicle we did not want that was finaced at a higher price with a higher rate with TranSouth. We made payments on time however I become totally disabled and was hospitalized.

We contacted TranSouth and advised of our circumstances. It was down hill from there. We were two payments behind and I had just made a payment. I advised I would try to get the payments up to date by the end of the month which would have been about two weeks. Mind you I had just made a 668.00 payment.

Starting two days later, I would get as high as fifteen calls aday from TranSouth. I would call them back when I missed calls telling them Of our circumstance. I constantly would get one employee, a female, who was rude and hostle toward me. It got so bad, I told her, I don't know what you want me to say...I do not have any money until the first of the month. I was drawing a disability and state disablity check. She started shouting over the phone I had to give her my checking account # now for another payment. I refused as I had given them a payment two days before and I did not haave any more money. She verified my street address and sent a wrecker to pick up the vehicle.

The vehicle we had only put approx 1000 miles on it. Now this was a 2004 vehicle that the dealer slip a big on us. It already had 24,000 miles on it and they had already got rid of my 203 Eclipse that had a little more than 6,000 miles. The price around $34,000 when purchased. TranSouth sold for $15,000 expecting me to pay over $17,000 plus attorney's fees.

We are now being threaten to be took to court if we don't pay for a vehicle we do not have.

Violet and james
Big Stone Gap, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2004 12:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ArcadiaTransouth/Allen-Texas/ArcadiaTransouth-ripoff-dishonest-rude-employees-working-with-dishonest-dealers-Allen-T-110669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcadia/Transouth