Complaint Review: Arcevia Services(SKAM)

• Submitted: Mon, October 25, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous RTR — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Arcevia Services(SKAM)
80 Oakland Avenue, Leicester LE4 7SF Internet United States of America

Arcevia Services, SKAM Arcevia Services: Work From Home Scams Leicester , Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Arcevia Services

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Arcevia Services

Arcevia Services: Outsourcing Services & Description: Arcevia Services provide secretarial services, website maintenance, proofreading, typing, data entry, document management, website management, touch typing. Cheap, fast and accurate turnarounds. We strive to meet deadlines and will suggest ways to make the process faster and efficient wherever possible. Student and author discounts available. This is a email sent to me: From: John Goh Good Morning, I wish to inform you that your resume has been reviewed by our company (Arcevia service Company)and you have been selected for an online job briefing and interview...Hence it will be required of you to set up a yahoo account and instant message the hiring manager, Mrs Pamela Feast on (mrspamela.interviewdesk@yahoo.com) for your job briefing and interview, TIME:8am to 4pm

So after many attempts to message them I finally went through the interview process. I probed many questions because I was afraid this was a scam, and they are listed as a legitimate site, under this URL: http://homebusinessscamreview.blogspot.com/ Arcevia Services is listed under the legitimate category. However while questioning what it would take to obtain employment from them, I was informed, that they will be providing me with an HP Laptop for your duties to be carried out, and that I was responsible for purchasing software. MYOB accounting software 2010 which is the cost of $266.00 dollars it all seemed very up and up especially after all my questions. So I went through and sent the funds through Western Union, then after committing to it they informed me that there is an additional $387.00 cost to incur for a Time Tracker Software. This is all before I get hired and then they would send a tracking number for Fed EX which she kept avoiding and didn't provide, for the laptop that will have preloaded software on it that I just purchased. I informed them I did not have the 387.00 and can we have account take it out of my check little at time that way there is a receipt of purchase and we meet half way. This was not possible, then I came up with how about they send me the software and I will reimburse them my first check, this was impossible. So I decided to back out and informed them of such. They requested all my banking information and more! I contacted my bank made arrangements so that no more funds could be taken, when I informed the person of this she stopped replying. I kept a email of all the conversations and other information.

This is their official web site http://www.arcevia.com/ and when I Google them I find no complaints or any indication they are a scam, nor do I do I find anything saying they are not a scam all except one site? To which I now question the legitimacy of that site as well to have it listed as a legitimate source and site to work from home. I feel they fall under Work From Home Scams: - Work from home scams. Many of us will not know that sending money to register for a work from home position is a scam until we have actually made the payment. Subscriptions and registrations are paid for and the next thing you do is wait for your assignment to arrive but it never does or in some instances your work they say is not up to the mark.They are a SCAM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arcevia-ServicesSKAM/internet/Arcevia-Services-SKAM-Arcevia-Services-Work-From-Home-Scams-Leicester-Internet-655045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arcevia Services(SKAM)

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Arcevia Services

AUTHOR: Sheetal - (United States of America)

I am the owner of Arcevia Services and am in the UK (despite the locations above stating US, which may be default?).

The scam in this report has nothing to do with Arcevia Services or the website www.arcevia.com. The people behind the scam were posing as employees/employers of Arcevia Services in order to make the scam seem genuine. At the time of the scam the website did state that it is in the UK, not in the US, and that there are no vacancies.

The scam may be the Romanian laptop scam, the details for which may be found through a quick Google search.

All real emails are sent with an email address ending with arcevia.com.

No work-from-home jobs have ever been offered and there are no plans to do so in the future. The jobs offered by the scammers were fake.

The website does say that no work-from-home jobs are offered, but if anyone's in doubt, please contact me first, before filing a report that ends up becoming permanent and affects the reputation of a business that has done nothing wrong. I am now as much a victim as the person who filed this report...

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Arcevia Services

AUTHOR: Sheetal - (United States of America)

All real emails are sent with an email address ending with arcevia.com.