Complaint Review: Archives.com

• Submitted: Sat, July 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, July 28, 2012

• Reported By: Dontsignup — Bluegrass Kentucky U.S.A.
Archives.com
Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Archives.com Deceptive, unresponsive, unauthorized charges, Omaha, Nebraska

This is a genealogical database service.  You MUST include your CC info to "utilize" their free trial service.  I used it it about ten minutes, nothing on their website that I cannot get from other sites for free.  Cancelled "subscription".  I cannot even sign on to their site, nor will it send me the "password" associated with my email.  A week later, a $39.95 charge appears.  No response to emails to customer service.  No answer at their telephone numbers during business hours.  I have reported them to CC and waiting on a chargeback.  I have also contacted the Douglas County Court in Omaha, NE to file a small claims against them and will also be filing a report at the BBB.  I see from this site and other websites this is a common practice for this company.  I will continue to share my experience on every genealogical database that I can until they refund my money.  If it keeps just one person from signing up, I will be happy.  Don't sign up.  You can't cancel it.  You will be charged and the same info is FREE on rootsweb.com as well as many, many other sites.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2012 05:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Archivescom/Omaha-Nebraska-/Archivescom-Deceptive-unresponsive-unauthorized-charges-Omaha-Nebraska-918746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Archives.com