Complaint Review: Archives.com

• Reported By: Annoyed3000 — California
Archives.com
Nationwide USA

Archives.com Wasted my time with hack info Nationwide

Signed up for the free trial at archives.com and am really disgusted at the nothingness this service delivers. Just as worthless, if not more than ancestry.com.

I am seeking the cemetary location of great grandparents. This service has my ggrandparents names and dates of birth and deaths, which I can find anywhere online for free. So that's not worth a dime. When I click on the "vital records" icon that looks like they've found handwritten proofs, I am told to check out the State's death certificate website. So I would have to pay for this worthless service, only to have to pay again.

So ripoff Archives.com doesn't know anything about obits or cemetaries for where ggp and ggma are. So I said, OK I'll at least look into the family trees. Welp. They don't have any of that information at all. [continued below]....

..... They have nothing. No newspaper info, no obit, no cemetary, only census info which is already FREE, surname histories... like you can't figure that out on your own without them. Anyone need a yearbook listing?

Worthless.

The one thing that really p's me off is when searcing the "family trees" you get a convenient "Apology for a lack of the serive" that says: "Please note: The Ancestry.com Public Member Trees are currently not searchable due to maintenance, but they are expected to be back around May 21st. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Yea so let me lapse my free trial for this. I'd like to actually see if any individual member has a better idea of wtf a geneology records service should provide but I'm not hanging around to waste a dime for this "missing service."

How has this idiot company not been sued yet for false advertising? If you all wanna get together on a class action, I am in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Archivescom/nationwide/Archivescom-Wasted-my-time-with-hack-info-Nationwide-1144910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Archives.com