- Report: #443079
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Archstone Apartments
Archstone Apartments1613 Ximeno Avenue Long Beach, California U.S.A.
Archstone Apartments Long Beach, CA Charge for paint, cleaning even if it was done by myself. Long Beach California
*Consumer Comment: I lived here too. I can vouch for all these accusations and more
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. I signed a lease for one year but decided to leave 4 months earlier due to the high rent and monthly extra payments.
One of them is a monthly 20.00 dollar fee for getting access to Direct TV with out having a dish on your balcony because a dish is not allowed in the whole complex. They pay someone to "wire" all of the units for satellite, so now the complex has a main dish for everyone to go through for satellite. Of course this is not disclosed prior to signing the lease agreement. So, you aren't allowed to have your own dish, you can't have cable, and you have to pay for the ability to use their dish.
2. In order to park your car in the one designated spot you will get outside you have to pay a one-time fee of 50 dollars to another company they are contracted with. This company sends you a sticker for your car. If you buy another car and get rid of your old one, you can not just change the sticker, no no no, you have to pay another 50 dollars to get a new sticker for your new car.
Since we have two cars we payed for two stickers ( plus the one for the new car). But a parking spot is not guaranteed. One time I came home at 6PM and no parking outside. The next day I complained and was told: " Why don't you park on the street?" Yes I pay for parking on the free street.
3. Of course you pay for all utilities including water, sewer, gas, electricity, trash. And again, they contracted a company to collect the money for the water, sewer and trash. And, of course you have to pay for that service too.
4. Since we only lived there 3-4 times per week, the apartment was in move-in condition. When we moved out, I cleaned the entire apartment for three hours. I even cleaned the carpet on my knees. We never put anything on the walls so we don't have to pay for re-painting it once we moved out.
Today I received my statement of deposit and guess what? They hired someone to paint and cleamn th eplace after we moved out. They charge us 306 dollars for cleaning, 60 dollars for 5 gallons of paint, 45 dollars for cleaning 2 spots on the carpet and autocharge rent 16.50 dollars, whatever that is.
This is the greatest rip-of I have been involved so far. Yes, nobody ever came to preinspect the place when I was there despite having set up an appointment with them. I learned quiet a lot with this experience.
unfortunately I was blind and trusted the "nice" people at the office. I should have taken pictures on move-out day.
5. I think they didn't even look at the apartment and its condition after moving out. Why should they? They just hire people to "fix" the place and send you the bill for it. They don't care because they don't pay for it.
6. One night I came home and a note was on my door from the leasing office stating that one of the young female tenants was ASSAULTED and we should watch out for the suspect. Makes you feel so much better knowing you pay a ton of money every month and then its not even safe.
If I would have money I would get a lawyer and sue them. I just hope and pray someone will in the future.
PLEASE DO NOT RENT THIS PLACE
Los Angeles, California
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2009 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Archstone-Apartments/Long-Beach-California-90804/Archstone-Apartments-Long-Beach-CA-Charge-for-paint-cleaning-even-if-it-was-done-by-myse-443079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.