Complaint Review: Arco

• Reported By: D in Las Vegas — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Arco
9380 W Tropicana Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Arco Pump Flowing Over Las Vegas, Nevada

*General Comment: Did the overflow happen because of mechanical issues or user incompetence?

I was filling up my car today, it was a windy day & so I had turned away from the wind while holding the pump -- pumping gas.  Then all of a sudden, gas started to fly & it got all over me, my clothes, shoes, etc.  I went in to report the issue & they said, sorry & offered the use of the restroom to clean up.  I went back outside to wash off the side of my car, all the gas that went down the side of it & on the ground.  I almost fell from how slippery it was.  I never knew gas was so slippery.

So about 15 mins had past & no one came out to close down the pump.  I went back in to tell them how slippery it was & again they said, they would be right out.  I went to wash up, as I was feeling the burn on my feet.  Then went back out to my car.  I drove off & still no one came.  I went home to take a shower & try to get the gas off my clothes.  I went back & still the pump was not closed down!!  Now how responsible is this?  I just can't believe they wouldn't shut it down before someone else get gas all over them -- OR worse -- falls from the ground being slippery!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arco/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89147/Arco-Pump-Flowing-Over-Las-Vegas-Nevada-833070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arco

#1 General Comment

Did the overflow happen because of mechanical issues or user incompetence?

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

If the pump had this problem because of a mechanical problem, then they could shut it down or simply replace the hose and break-away section. If you were simply a klutz then the fault is not with the pump and thus there would be no need to shut down the pump. If you turned away while an explosive substance was being pumped into your car then I am going to guess that you were not able to properly tend to the gas pump.