Sheets

Complaint Review: Area Publications Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, April 24, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, April 24, 2014

• Reported By: Marion — Oberlin Ohio
Area Publications Inc.
3673 Lexington Ave. N Arden Hills, Minnesota USA

Area Publications Inc. claimed violation of agreement. Order no. 10098802. Threatened fees. I sent check for $199.00 Arden Hills Minnesota

I was contacted by the company to renew magazine subscriptons.  I was told my subscriptions were running out.  I may hve renewed a couple.   I used a credit card to have monthly payments.  Soon I began to receive unwanted magazines that I had never ordered and did not want. I contacted my credit card and cancelled the payments.  Then I received a bill from Area Publicatons regarding "Violation of Agreement".  The amount was for a past due amount of $98.80.  My son wrote a letter to the company demanding cancellation of the magazines and a refund.  I then had a phone call from the company and wa told that if I didn't send a check covering the current charges of $199, I would be contacted by a collection agency and this would affect my credit rating.  I then sent a check for the $199.  I have tried calling the listed number and the call doesn't go through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Area-Publications-Inc/Arden-Hills-Minnesota-55126/Area-Publications-Inc-claimed-violation-of-agreement-Order-no-10098802-Threatened-fee-1141488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Area Publications Inc.