Complaint Review: Argen - Ameriquest - AMC Mortgage

• Submitted: Thu, July 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 12, 2008

• Reported By:West Sacramento California
Argen - Ameriquest - AMC Mortgage
1100 Town & Country Rd., Suite 1200 Santa Ana, California U.S.A.

Argent - Ameriquest - AMC Mortgage Services Inflated My Appriasal & 2yr Fixed Loan With A 3 yr Prepayment Penalty Single Mom Santa Ana Orange California

*Consumer Suggestion: Not sure about what happened here, but here's some advice

AMC Mortgage Services inflated my appriasal, after looking into my contract carefully. I found that they gave me a 2 year fixed with a 3 year prepayment penalty. I called them and I sent out numerous letters requesting help. Could never reach anyone that would help me. The representatives were very rude, kept giving me the run-around. I am one of the victims of foreclosure with AMC Mortgage Services. I lost my home in September 2007. This company is a cheat and a liar. I will research my rights, find out what can be done about this company and their wrong doings. Hope others will do the same.

Susan
West Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2008 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Argen-Ameriquest-AMC-Mortgage/Santa-Ana-California-92711/Argent-Ameriquest-AMC-Mortgage-Services-Inflated-My-Appriasal-2yr-Fixed-Loan-With-A-349799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Argen - Ameriquest - AMC Mortgage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Not sure about what happened here, but here's some advice

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Godspeed with your quest for vindication, and maybe I am "reading between the lines" a bit too much.

But it sounds like you defaulted on a mortgage, and you concede that the terms were as stated by the lender.

I am a bankruptcy attorney. I know all too well the pain associated with foreclsure. But it seems to me as though you failed to meet the terms of your Note, your home was foreclosed, and here we are.

My first advice is to determine what your equity was in the home, find out what it was sold for at foreclosure, and see if there is an excess. If there is, you are entitled to compensation for that excess.

Me second advice is to seek legal counsel to see if you have a case.

Finally, if you are faced with a deficiency judgment, don't be afraid to file Chapter 7.

Best regards,