Complaint Review: Argosy University-California

• Updated: Wed, September 26, 2012

• Reported By: Ripoffwatcher — Fullerton California United States of America
Argosy University-California
601 South Lewis Street Orange, California United States of America

Argosy University-California cannot be trusted. Argosy, held over $28,000 in student aid, will not return emails or phonce calls, especially with underepresented populations. Orange, California

I started in September of 2010 in their Master's program in Psychology. I was recruited via phone, with non stop phone calls and emails.  It was fairly easy to get accepted into the program although my GPA is a solid 3.76.  I applied for Grad plus loans for three semesters.  It was not until I got ill and had no money and started to investigate Argosy and found out that Argosy University would not return my phone calls from their financial aid department in the city of Orange, CA. I was forced to do more research because they refused to contact me would not return my 10 emails or phone calls, in which I sent to the financial aid department.  After contacting the Federal Student Aid Particpation Team which was set up by the Federal agencies. I told them my story and the agency contacted Argosy's financial aid manager, within 1 hour I received a phone call and email with an appointment set up with the manager in their office.

Argosy withheld more than $28,000 in funds from me and it took the participation team to get me my Grad plus loan.  I am extremely upset with this university for withholding my funds and they are still withholding funds I am looking into starting a class action law suit with this university.  I heard that the university was bought out from a rip off bank "Sterling Bank" known for also ripping people off with homeloans causing thousands of people to lose their homes.  Do not go to this school you will be ripped off and they keep your financial aid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2012 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Argosy-University-California/Orange-California-92668/Argosy-University-California-cannot-be-trusted-Argosy-held-over-28000-in-student-aid-946994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Argosy University-California