Complaint Review: Argosy University Inland Empire, Ca.

• Submitted: Thu, January 17, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: Joyce — San Bernardino California United States of America
Argosy University Inland Empire, Ca.
3401 Centrelake Drive, Suite 200 Ontario, California United States of America

Argosy University Inland Empire, California. No graudating, left with outstanding student loan. In the middle of my IRB revision for my dissertation were abruptly stopped, I received no early notice or warning or progress report of the situation Ontario, California

My IRB revision for my dissertation and graduation were abruptly stopped because it was brought to my Chair's attention on 9-08-12 that I was at 145% the maximum allowable time frame of 150%, and I would be dismissed on 12-18-12, the end of fall semester. I received no early notice or warning or progress report of the situation and deficiency of my allowable time frame, or of the procedure for dismissal.   I took the matter to the president  with an appeal letter, Dr.Deborah Markos, who emailed, and stated that Dr. Al- Hassan Southern California's Vice President of affairs would reach out to me. I have not received any legitmacy of any specifics about my appeal.

According to Argosy Guide to the Doctoral Dissertation Research Process, reseach must be completed within 7 years, I started September 2006, and my 7 year time frame ends in September 2013.   However, student service emails and request for me to sign a form that I'm no longer at the school. I did not quit, they dismissed me...I don't think so, where is the courtesy, professionalism. How can they stand by  their motto: tradition, passion and excellence. I'm left with student loans, and no doctoral degree..they got their monies and I kept my 3.5 -4.0 GPA. My email address is (((REDACTED)))@hotmail.com) If you have any idea how to make them allow me to finish my IRB dissertation and graduation. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Argosy-University-Inland-Empire-Ca/Ontario-California-91761/Argosy-University-Inland-Empire-California-No-graudating-left-with-outstanding-student-998764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Argosy University Inland Empire, Ca.