Complaint Review: Argosy University

• Updated: Mon, September 03, 2012

• Reported By: Students v. Argosy — Denver Colorado United States of America
Argosy University
Denver, Colorado United States of America

Argosy University Deceptive recruiting & abusiveness to students Denver, Colorado

*General Comment: ADA complaint

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fraudulent Recruiting Evidence

Hello there,

I am a former student of Argosy University who is working with an attorney to gain justice for students who have been victimized by the poor business & unethical practices of Argosy.   I would like to encourage you to PLEASE contact me if you have experienced any of the following at an
Argosy University campus:

• Unexplained failing of courses

• Program changes that add to your program with no explanation or inadequate explanation

• Improper discipline hearings

• Improper termination from your program

• Fraudulent recruiting practices

• False promises (i.e. that your program is designed to accomplish certain goals but it is not)Degree programs that are discontinued suddenly

If you or anyone you know have experienced anything like this and has the documentation to support it, please contact me ASAP at the address below.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Argosy-University/Denver-Colorado-/Argosy-University-Deceptive-recruiting-abusiveness-to-students-Denver-Colorado-782794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Argosy University

#1 General Comment

ADA complaint

AUTHOR: Leslie - (United States of America)

I have 2 classes left in my Doctoral program in Counseling. I have never asked for any special accomidations. I have a 3.9 GPA and no records of ever having caused problems. I have been asking and asking to please go to Fall Semester part-time because Fall semester course is one of the most taxing and grueling. I reminded them that I have Multple Sclerosis. I was told that I could, indeed, take one class but they will charge me for two classes. When I started in '09 it was not an issue to take one class a semester once in awhile. In a Doc program this is still regarded as part-time. I would only be charged for that class. Recently, Argosy has just 'changed the rules'- even if you take just ONE class you will be charged for TWO. How can they insist on charging for something one does not receive? I chose this University because of my disability and that I knew if I had a relapse I could most likely handle a part- time semester.

I have many other atrocious complaints-was told by recruiter that my program was accredited, half way through program class requirements changed, was told I would revive help with practcum placement ( my 'help ' was to be given a list of agencies to call, teachers don't return calls ( have proff on emails).

Please have a discussion with me. I need legal guidance.

(((ROR redacted)))

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fraudulent Recruiting Evidence

AUTHOR: Elaine - (United States of America)

FRAUDULENT RECRUITING EVIDENCE contact me at anton384johnson@yahoo.com