Complaint Review: Argosy University

• Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: jaded — dallas Texas United States of America
Argosy University
5001 lbj freeway Internet, Texas United States of America

Argosy University Deceptive admission techniques, with-holding funds to disabled student Internet, Texas

I am a disabled student who wanted to go to school.  Argosy accepted me and explained that I would need to fill out my FAFSA application for financial aid.  I did what was asked and because I'm on disability I don't file taxes so my case was "randomly" selected for verification.  I had been homeless from the time I was 17 and never registered for selective service so I needed a letter from them acknowledging I didn't do anything malicious.  The financial aid department stated that it should take about 4 weeks to get my funds in.  First, Selective Service was supposedly deciding if I would get money, they had released me for funds when they sent my letter back stating I hadn't done anything wrong.  Then the story changed to, "well,the department of education has to okay your money".  I have since found out the department of education has nothing to do with deciding who gets money, it is all based on the school's recommendation.  I received an email stating my case was set to be resolved on August 3rd.

Today is the 16th and still no word.  This is one merry-go-round I want off of!  Financial aid stated they used to give money at the beginning of the semester but had people who would get the money and run.  So now everybody has to suffer?  I have a 4.0 grade point average and do everything I'm supposed to do.  They need to stop passing the buck and do what they're supposed to do or have their federal money pulled entirely. Grants and loans are supposed to allow you to be proficient while in school, not get a check after you are deep in debt.  If I would have known this is how things were, I never would have started here.  The semester ends in two days and I still don't have my grants or loans.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Argosy-University/Internet-Texas-75244/Argosy-University-Deceptive-admission-techniques-with-holding-funds-to-disabled-student-928160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Argosy University