Complaint Review: Argosy University

• Reported By: Precio619 — san diego California
Argosy University
, Select State/Province USA

Argosy University Reggie Audibert instructor California CA

*Consumer Comment: Trying to help. Not in favor of Argosy.

I have been attending Argosy for 2 years and am nearing the end of the tunnel. To start, my expereience with Argosy has been horrible. They do not repond to emails, every single time they mess with my financial aid and never have answers to your questions. Nevertheless, I have a 3.5 GPA, and was on the Dean's list for 4 months. I entered Econ202 class with Reggie Audibert and what a nightmare. My first assignement/discussion he erased my post because he didnt like what I had to say and thought it was more on opinion then actual fact. He wrote me a nasty email explaining why my post was deleted and if I posted that again he would make sure I be kicked out of school.

Obviously upset I called my academic counselor who i pleaded my case to to help me not get kicked out. She called me back the enxt day and told me to try to be the bigger person and move on from this experience. Me, being pretty tough, i said ok. That night he calls me a 8pm telling me that im an idiot and he doesnt know how I have made it this far in school but he will see my college career ends here. I hung up the phone fuming! I called my counselor immediately the next morning and was switched from the course. I emailed the class before existing to see if anyone else had a similar experience or if maybe he just had malice toward me. I received 6 other emails all from women stating similiar porblems with him. Maybe he ahs a problem with women or just hates his life?!

Not too sure but either way he is dead wrong and Argosy is wrong for allowing him to bully students. I have one student who told me he called her at midnight complianig about her work and another student called him to ask for help and clear the air about a previous post and he hung up on her and refused to answer her calls. Why Argosy does not back up their students baffles me. They are definitely not for the students and turn their head when problems arise. I hope this message reaches anyone and everyone who is having a similar problem. All schools, regardless of educational stature, shold have a zero tolerance on bullying. Allowing this behavior is discouraging and embarrassing. We are all adults and should not have to have the fear of our grade over our heads due to one teacher.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Argosy-University/Select-StateProvince/Argosy-University-Reggie-Audibert-instructor-California-CA-1078112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Argosy University

Trying to help. Not in favor of Argosy.

AUTHOR: Carol - ()

Hi my name is Carol, and I was wondering how your online courses were. My husband is dyslexic and he was subjected to similair abusive/ non helpful behavior by the staff on the San Diego campus. My husband has always been a brilliant student despite his disablillity. When he first spoke with staff at Argosy in 2009, he was told that classes for his program would be mostly on campus. Argosy then went mostly online and he tried to take the online courses but encountered numerous problems and unprofessional behavior himself. He couldn't log into the courses right away in some cases. In other cases the system was down, and this affected his learning, since he had to know what the assignments were in advance. On several occassions despite being told he had extra time to submit assignments, and since the reading material was very extensive and time consuming, he was automatically droppped by the online learning system for innactivity. When he e-mailed Argosy, they wouldn't reply to his messages right away. So he would call the school, and they would ask him to physically go in to talk to his advisor. He often let the instructor know he was booted out of the system, via the Arogsy portal, not sure how that works, but you can still talk to your professor I guess, but not log into the class? The instructors would indicated he could just ask his advisor to let him back in. The innactivity was a result of him reading the material, since he always purchased the course books. He would sign in to look at the assignments, put he couldn't post his work until he was done typing it. Makes sense doesn't it? However, when he would talk to his advisor he would always be told, that they could not help him resolve the issue and that he would have to retake the course some other time. On top of that, my husband is foreign and not used to dealining with unprofessional academic staff. In his case they would then give him a bad grade, and in some cases because the didn't sign him up for enough courses, he was put on probabtion and dismissed. When he would re apply, they wouldn't process his paperwork in a timely fashion. They then would end up throwing him into classes that had started 2 weeks ago. They knew he was dyslexic, and yet they never cared to be professional regarding communication with him either. He said they wouldn't answer his e-mails either. If you are dyslexic you are welcome to contact me at this e-mail adress carolinacamar@gmail.com, my husband has taken his case to a legal degree. If you were not answered by their staff, forced to walk into their campus because they don't reply, or saw any discrimination against dyslexic students, please contact me.