Complaint Review: Argosy University

• Updated: Wed, November 09, 2011

• Reported By: VERLA — seffner Florida United States of America
Argosy University
4401 N Himes Ave Tampa, Florida United States of America

Argosy University Florida Professional School of Psychology Deceptive Internship Practices, Violation of FERPA rights and ADA violations Tampa, Florida

I was a mental heallth student at Argosy and carried a 4.0 GPA when I entered my internship. I had letters of recommendations from faculty members and was employed by a faculty member in his private practice so I was an above average student. During my internship my site, owned by an adjunct faculty member who was disgruntled, wrote several derogatory statments about me and falsified records.

The documents had my signature forged and it was quite obvious that it was forged. The school dismissed me when I only had one class to go to finish my Masters without due process. When I mentioned the rights printed in the student handbook, it didn't matter. I never got the chance to explain my side and submit documentation to prove the information was false.

I also have a disability, which was on file, so when I was taking the mandated sememsters off and performing "remediation" work on my ethics I was hospitalized and missed a deadline so I was immediately dismissed without an option to return. This resulted in a grade of "F", ruining my GPA.

When I received the initial notice that I was dismissed from the program because of actions I supposedly committed on my internship, I received another student's disciplinary report. This report included confidential information on the student and also very detailed allegations against her. When I contacted the student, she had received the disciplinary report of a third student.

So now, I have over $104,000 in student loans to re-pay and nothing to show for that large sum of money except for bad memories!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2011 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Argosy-University/Tampa-Florida-33613/Argosy-University-Florida-Professional-School-of-Psychology-Deceptive-Internship-Practices-796539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Argosy University