Complaint Review: Arianna Dresser

• Updated: Mon, May 10, 2010

• Reported By: Denver, Co — Colorado United States of America
Arianna Dresser
Nationwide United States of America

Arianna Dresser Susan Levenson, Susan Baskin Sony Vaio laptop, rip off, craigslist listing in your area, Internet, Nationwide

My husband found a good deal on craigslist for a Sony Vaio for only $250 USD, he is foreign so he asked me to deal with the person. I asked if the pc was still available. They wrote back and told me it was.... They sent the specs and some photos.

Arianna she told me her name was and she had just moved to Wolverhampton, United Kingdom!

Actual e-mail that looks a lot like one a person got from a so called Susan Levenson:

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the 14.1" Sony Vaio laptop from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
I am selling the 14.1" Sony Vaio laptop, with 2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 3 Gb memory, 250 Gb HD for $250 USD. I have attached some pics so you can see the condition of the laptop.
The laptop is still available and I hope you are still interested. I bought the laptop brand new directly from Sony 12 months ago.
About the laptop I can say it is in good shape, no scratches, no dents as you can see from the pics I've sent. Included in the $250 price is everything the laptop came with when it was new.
The laptop is here with me.
I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.
I have used the laptop mostly for internet browsing and presentations, so I would say it has been only lightly used.
The laptop has the Seven OS, MS Office with the original recovery disks included.
One more thing, the laptop is an US version and it works on the US power and plug system so you do not need a converter to use it in the US.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the laptop if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
Arianna

I found a way to sell you the laptop that will cover the both of us. It's a worldwide delivery company called TNT. They have a service that will allow you to test the laptop before I receive my payment.

Please go to the TNT website below and read their procedure so we can be on the same page:

I will pay the TNT shipping fee.

I'm just trying to save someone from making a big mistake. I know this site helped me from making that mistake because of the name Susan Levenson and the similar e-mail that person recieved!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2010 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arianna-Dresser/nationwide/Arianna-Dresser-Susan-Levenson-Susan-Baskin-Sony-Vaio-laptop-rip-off-craigslist-listing-601835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arianna Dresser