Complaint Review: Arizona Department of Economic Security

• Submitted: Wed, July 24, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, July 24, 2002

• Reported By:Yuma Az
Arizona Department of Economic Security
Yuma Az Yuma, Arizona U.S.A.

Arizona Department of Economic Security ripoff - state agency ignores law or bends it to suit an unknown agenda Yuma Arizona

I own a contracting business. I have always taken great pains to hire people based on their talents and abilities to work. It is sometimes necessary to fire sombody and often people change jobs for some person perceived gain.

I always document why somebody is leaving and take great pains to make certain that will not affect the rate I am charged for the mandatory unemployment "contribution."

I had a person who left to take a job with another company. Within a very short time he filed for unemployment benefits listing me as his last employer. The notice from DES was date nearly a week before the post mark on the envelope and it arrive several days after the post mark. I replied immediately in writing. THE SAME DAY. I stated the situation clearly in my reply.

DES awarded the person benefits and stated that my reply was not received in a timely manner. I contested it. I was told tough. I went further to contest it. I went os far as to have a hearing with the state tax court regarding the issue. Nobody from DES bothered to represent them at the hearing. The court ruled in my favor.

DES when I went back with the ruling from the tax court DES still refused to review the case, and said "sorry, since so much time has elapsed your rates for the next year are set and no review is possible at this time."

They cheated me and ignored a court ruling.

Bob
Yuma, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2002 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arizona-Department-of-Economic-Security/Yuma-Arizona-85364/Arizona-Department-of-Economic-Security-ripoff-state-agency-ignores-law-or-bends-it-to-s-1033679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arizona Department of Economic Security