Complaint Review: Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists

• Submitted: Sat, July 09, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, August 20, 2011

• Reported By: Learn From My Mistakes — Phoenix Arizona USA
Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists
1701 E. Thomas Road Building 1, Suite 101 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists Go to ARMS at your own risk! Phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: Will not respond to complaints.

It's hard to know where to begin with this clinic.

The office staff is rude and unwilling to openly give you any honest pricing. There are a lot of hidden fees that they go out of their way to keep hidden from you until it is too late.

We were charged $220 for a sperm analysis w/ KSM only to find out accidentally by looking at the doctor's computer monitor that an $89 sperm analysis alone had been performed instead.

We paid $715 for a test that we later found out was the same one they advertise online for $99 which consisted of FSH, E2, AMH & LH levels plus a follicular ultrasound and a consult to go over the results. This $99 test was one that the doctor told us about the first time we saw her telling us how inexpensive it was and how much information we could get from it unfortunately we didn't realize that was what they were performing or we never would have given them the money. When asked why we were charged $616 more than we were suppose to pay we were told that the cheaper price was for people who weren't their patients despite their own doctor telling us we could have this test done for $99 on our first meeting.

A scheduled appointment for a mock trial made on a Monday at the Chandler office was completely blown off by the doctor as I arrived that morning to a darkened closed clinic. After calling them they told me I had made a mistake and my appointment was on Tuesday and that the doctor never worked on Mondays (the day of our first meeting was Monday). After going home and looking at the computer printout of instructions and appointment date that their office supplied me with I found out the appointment had been on Monday and that they had tried to lay the blame on me.

We still have not gotten any money back and when I went in to get my medical records to go to another fertility clinic all they put in my envelope as "records" was my new patient information that I had filled out on the first day with none of my test results. A request to get my results was met with nastiness and attitude and I still have missing records which I need to fight them for.

My advice to ANYONE seeking treatment at this clinic is to run the other way. Yes babies may have been born as a result of this clinic just like they are born as a result of any fertility clinic but these folks are shady and incompetent at best and its hard for me to think it is all the office staff without the clinic director knowing it. We are fighting for our money and having to switch to another clinic. This is a stressful enough process without all this crap.

Buyer beware and dont let your desire for a child cloud your judgment there are better options out there other than this place. Thank god we already had children before this because I can't imagine the toll this would put on a childless couple. These people should be ashamed of themselves!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2011 03:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Arizona-Reproductive-Medicine-Specialists/Phoenix-Arizona-85016/Arizona-Reproductive-Medicine-Specialists-Go-to-ARMS-at-your-own-risk-Phoenix-Arizona-750892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Arizona Reproductive Medicine Specialists

Will not respond to complaints.

AUTHOR: Learn From My Mistakes - (USA)

As of August 20th, 2011 this company HAS NOT responded to complaints or made any attempts to keep their promises. They never did send the records for the sperm analysis even after repeated requests. They promised a refund for the overcharge of the sperm analysis and we have never received it. We were also told that since Dr. Barbara Faber was the one that quoted us $99 for the ultrasound, blood test and report that they charged us $715 dollars for they would have her contact us to straighten this out. Of course we never heard from her. We also found out recently by going to a more reputable clinic that ARMS had lied to us about our insurance coverage probably because if they bill insurance the price they are contracted to receive with the insurance company is significantly less than if you charge a patient full price.  We will make one more attempt to speak to the director of the clinic to let them rectify this and then we will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and going to small claims court. It's very sad that people like this prey on couples wanting a child. I'm not sure how these people sleep at night.